• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your stock colors

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
Heres a couple of my sons '76 Ranger/Explorer. I believe its medium orange. Also shows the original graphics
The first two are the day we picked it up. The last one was taken last month at the local car show.

That's the exact color of my 76, and I had those stripes, too.

This photo was 7 years after repaint in original medium copper (orange).

Attachments

• 76pic.jpg
    76pic.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 66

hammer

Bronco Guru
This is my 72. It's a Sequoia Brown.

Very nice rig. I'm a sucker for a nice brown ford. There's a late 70's f250 running around here locally that is gorgeous. I love the look of them, but for some reason I can't convince myself to paint mine brown. Don't ask me why, wish I could convince myself.....

lambdebois

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
How close were the colors Ginger Metallic on the 74's and the Sequoia Brown posted in this thread?

Reason being... they look very close to me....

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
I was wondering the same thing. They do look very close, but it's hard to tell from the pics.

cobra70

Loc.
Bryan, Tx
here is my 66 roadster arcadian blue

Attachments

• MVC-606S.jpg
    MVC-606S.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 61
  • MVC-819S.JPG
    MVC-819S.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 30

Ratch

Contributor
How close were the colors Ginger Metallic on the 74's and the Sequoia Brown posted in this thread?

I believe the only difference is the metal flake in the ginger. the shades are very close, but the ginger may be slightly darker.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I believe the only difference is the metal flake in the ginger. the shades are very close, but the ginger may be slightly darker.

There may be some other named colors that are close as well. (Caramel Bronze Metallic, Light Copper Metallic, Light Ginger Metallic, etc.) Mine is 1974 Code R which is the Ginger Metallic according to the BroncOhio VIN decoder. It's actually the slightly lighter brown. I've seen other shades close to mine but darker and a bit redder.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
here is older repaint grabber blue

Attachments

• 74bronco 001.jpg
    74bronco 001.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 30

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
The outside is faded but the inside was covered with indoor outdoor carpet.

Attachments

• RIMG0004.JPG
    RIMG0004.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 43

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas

Hard to tell from the photo (lighting is irregular).

It looks very similar to a 66 I owned that had a color better described as "burnt orange" (my description).

It was a hugely popular color around Central Texas for all the years it was offered.

Go Horns!!!!!!

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
"L" Holly Green

68_holly_green.jpg

Scott 756

Loc.
Fond du Lac, WI
My 72 with Sequoia Brown Irid. ( paint code R ) I checked my 1972 paint code chart I bought at a swap meet. The paint code "R" could either be light aqua or Sequoia Brown. I think the R code is Brown for Broncos or Light aqua for Trucks. The Broncohio VIN site is a little incomplete.

Attachments

• DSC01232.JPG
    DSC01232.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01234.JPG
    DSC01234.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 33

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This Bronco is so well done...that I actually have it as my desktop on my computer.

Its not so much the color (good though), as it is the total package. Tastefully done, good job!

Thanks, I put a lot of time into it, thats were doing everthing yourself comes into play, no one will take the time to work out the details as much as the owner.