• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

silicone heater hose source

suckerpunched

does anyone have a source where I can buy a 3/4 silicone hose with a molded 90 on one end and at least 18" long on one leg of the hose.
I bought the kit from Wildhorses and it is good, but I want to slightly relocate my heater valve and do not want to buy another kit to get the hose I want.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I thought we used 5/8" heater hose?
Might want to check the diameter before searching for the wrong hose.

OP
OP
suckerpunched

suckerpunched

thats probably what I am going to run into. buying 1 hose cost the as much as the whole kit.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
thats probably what I am going to run into. buying 1 hose cost the as much as the whole kit.

Don't forget with Silicon hoses you should be using banded hose clamps, not standard clamps. Standard clamps cut into the outer silicon jacket, banded clamps have extra material to prevent that. Yeah another expense to doing it right...

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Don't forget with Silicon hoses you should be using banded hose clamps, not standard clamps. Standard clamps cut into the outer silicon jacket, banded clamps have extra material to prevent that. Yeah another expense to doing it right...

What do you mean by "Banded Clamp"???