• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silver Lake pics and video posted 07/29/14

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Just trying to get a feeler to see if anyone would like to get together for a weekend at Silver lake this summer. I would like to make it a 3 day weekend to get to enjoy as many of the fun things to do as possible. There are several things to do there. Of course there are the sand dunes for off road action. There is a beautiful cruise up the coast to Leland. There is the GREAT fish dinner in Ludington. So would anyone be interested and if so do you have a preference of a date that would work. I am thinking about the weekend of July 11-13. I will probably head up on a Thursday so I can start doing stuff first thing on Friday morning. I am going to camp but there are several nice hotels in the area also. We can organize some runs or everyone can be on there own and meet up here or there just for fun. If you have never been to Silver Lake you owe it to yourself to give it a try. Its a great place for a family vacation.

IMG_1745_zpsde79c330.jpg~original

Henry

Last edited:

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Silver Lake Michigan Bronco Weekend

I'd love to go! I just got my new recreation passport with my plate renewals today! Unfortunately, I have to be in Frankenmuth the weekend of July 11 for a tournament.

IMG_2450.jpg

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I would be interested. I've been wanting to drive the Bronco up North to visit some family. I might be in for the last week in July sometime.

swyman

Loc.
Blissfield
Can't wait till I'll be able to join ya! Just an FYI, they are also planning a Jeep roundup for Saturday the 12th. Would be nice to rain on their parade! There should be some really nice rigs out there. It is a must stop for those who have never been, something for everyone including the kids and it's clean wheel'in (unless you go in the water holes in the flats).

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
The wife and I were just talking about this. I'll check the dates and let ya know. We're going either way but it would be nice to go with the group.

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
The wife and I were just talking about this. I'll check the dates and let ya know. We're going either way but it would be nice to go with the group.

I am good for about any weekend. Just let me know what works well for everyone. We will set the date and get things rolling.

Henry

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Silver Lake Michigan Bronco Weekend

Sounds fun. I'm in, my wife might actually like this

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We are going up July 18-19-20. Staying at the Sands Hotel right in the middle of town. Can't wait. How's that date work for everyone? Been going up there for 35 plus years, It's great family fun and there is more to do than just running the dunes. There are trails that run all over outside the dunes. It's a blast up there for sure! :)

frenchy

jasonb

Loc.
Howard City, MI
I don't think my Bronco will be ready by then, but I would certainly try to make it over there in the Heep. Please keep us posted Hank. I would like to meet you in person, as you used to close out my Ford warranty repairs!

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I don't think my Bronco will be ready by then, but I would certainly try to make it over there in the Heep. Please keep us posted Hank. I would like to meet you in person, as you used to close out my Ford warranty repairs!

What dealership did or do you work at and what position were you at the dealership?

I like the weekend of July 18th-20th. I would like to nail down a date soon because reservations fill up fast. If anyone has an issue with this weekend then post it up. If no complaints by Sunday we will schedule it for then and that way people can start making plans. I recommend that you try to get to Silver Lake sometime on Thursday to get the most out of the weekend as possible. This should be another great weekend!!

[youtube]JpUge7SwIgU[/youtube]

Henry

Last edited:

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like lots of fun - pretty busy that time of year but if I can make it I will.

jasonb

Loc.
Howard City, MI
What dealership did or do you work at and what position were you at the dealership?

I like the weekend of July 18th-20th. I would like to nail down a date soon because reservations fill up fast. If anyone has an issue with this weekend then post it up. If no complaints by Sunday we will schedule it for then and that way people can start making plans. I recommend that you try to get to Silver Lake sometime on Thursday to get the most out of the weekend as possible. This should be another great weekend!!

[youtube]JpUge7SwIgU[/youtube]

Henry

I worked at Phillips Ford in Big Rapids from 02 until 09. I am now at Ed Koehn Ford in Greenville. I have been a Ford tech since 93. I never knew you were a Bronco guy, or we would have had better things to talk about rather than Ford warranty!

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
May join you guys as well. Is it still a pain is the a$$ to get an early dunes pass? I remember having to park in the pass line overnight to get on the dunes early. My first day there last time was a waste because of a late dunes pass. - Mike

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
May join you guys as well. Is it still a pain is the a$$ to get an early dunes pass? I remember having to park in the pass line overnight to get on the dunes early. My first day there last time was a waste because of a late dunes pass. - Mike

This is some of the reason it is best to get there on Thursday night or early on Friday. You don't need a voucher for Friday but you need one for Saturday and Sunday. Usually it is not that hard to get a voucher. Here is the information from the Michigan DNR website.

VOUCHER DISTRIBUTION TIMES:
The voucher distribution point on Fox Road will open at 12 noon on Fridays for Dune Ready Vouchers and at 9 p.m. for Parking Lot Vouchers. The Voucher Center will be open as traffic and use require until at least 11 p.m. Fridays and re-open at 7 a.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. You may also purchase your State Park and ORV permits at the same location, which will help speed up entry into the ORV Area.

VOUCHER TIME PERIODS:
Parking Lot Vouchers will be for two periods: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. or 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Parking Lot Stand-by Vouchers will be distributed once parking spaces for those periods are exhausted. There are five Dune Ready Voucher periods: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. No Dune Ready Vouchers are required after 7 p.m. Dune Ready Vouchers for both Saturdays and Sundays, and/or the Holidays will be given out at the same time. In order to give people the opportunity for the limited parking spaces, Parking Lot Vouchers will be available at 9 p.m. the day before they are to be used.

Once the days Parking Lot Vouchers are all given out, visitors may choose to be placed on the Parking Lot Stand-by Voucher list for the following day. There may be times when Parking Lot Vouchers will be required, but Dune Ready Vouchers are not, such as on some Holiday weekends.

LATE ARRIVALS:
Dune Ready Voucher holders that arrive late for their entry time frame will need to secure a new voucher for a later time period during the day. Parking Lot Voucher holders are guaranteed entry for either the 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. or the 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. time frame, but not both. If you arrive after your voucher entry time frame, you will need to secure a Parking Lot Stand-by Voucher for later in the day. No parking lot spaces will be guaranteed after 9 a.m. nor can space be held for someone to arrive later. Persons may not use their validated/punched Parking Lot Voucher to trailer-in additional or new off-road vehicles after they originally gain entry at the ORV Area Entrance Gate unless prior arrangements are made with Park Officials and noted on the validated Voucher.

LEAVING AND RE-ENTERING THE STATE PARK:
Once you have entered the park, you may stay as long as you like until the normal closing time. The vouchers only specify the arrival time. Dune Ready and Parking Lot Voucher holders that leave the sand dunes and/or the State Park will be required to go to the end of the waiting line to re-enter. Those attempting to "cut" in ahead of other visitors waiting to enter will be turned away. Vehicles leaving the parking lot will not be guaranteed space upon returning. Be sure your voucher slip is validated (HOLE-TYPE PUNCHED) when you arrive at the ORV Area Entrance Gate for the first time, on any particular day.

THE NUMBER OF VOUCHERS THAT ARE GIVEN OUT EACH DAY:
Over two thousand Dune Ready Vouchers are distributed each day or between 300 and 500 per two-hour time frame. The number of available spaces in the lot controls the number of Parking Lot Vouchers. Inclement weather, no-shows, early or unplanned departures, space sharing, and similar actions allow for additional room on occasion. Parking Lot Stand-by Vouchers are used for these unexpected events.

PICKING UP A VOUCHER FOR SOMEONE ELSE:
Two Dune Ready Vouchers or one Parking Lot Voucher can be obtained by an individual adult park visitor. These voucher slips will require the addition of the user's name and main vehicle license number, in ink, prior to validation. The person picking up the Vouchers will need to know the names, license plate numbers and the intended time frame for entry. The voucher forms must be completed, in ink, prior to embossed or stamped validation at the time of application at the Voucher Center Office. Voucher slips will again be validated with a distinctive hole-type punch upon arrival at the ORV Area Entrance Gate. This hole-type punch will be required if re-entry is requested later during the day.

VOUCHER CENTER PARKING LOT:
The Voucher Center Parking Lot will be used for Parking Lot Stand-by Voucher stacking or cueing line purposes during regular business hours. There will still be a wait with a Parking Lot Stand-by Voucher, since there is no guarantee when parking spaces may occur, but the visitor will be better able to make the best use of their time. Dune Ready Vehicles will need to check back during the day for the possibility of entry prior to 7 p.m. Owners of vehicles in the Voucher Center Parking Lot must be in attendance, trailers or extra vehicles may not be stored or parked there, and there is no overnight parking allowed. The Voucher Center Parking Lot is used as a landing zone for emergency medical helicopters and may need to be cleared within minutes, at any time.

Here is the full website if interested.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10365_15070-34760--,00.html#voucher

Henry

Last edited:

swyman

Loc.
Blissfield

Doc, I always brave all the holiday weekends where it is a major production to get the vouchers but have it figured out. On a off weekend like what you have scheduled, there will be no problem. Just cruise straight over to the voucher center when you arrive and will be good or you can coordinate with people on here and they can get you some. They start distribution at noon on friday (best time to get them just in case). If you need to pull in a trailer you will have to wait till 9pm on friday and saturday, that is when those get handed out. Nice Bronco by the way!