• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silver Lake pics and video posted 07/29/14

brewchief

What campground are you guys using? Or is everyone going the hotel route?

I'd like to get up at least once this summer so this might be as good as time as any.

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
What campground are you guys using? Or is everyone going the hotel route?

I'd like to get up at least once this summer so this might be as good as time as any.

I will be at the hotel but I always stay at Sandy Shores campground. If you have a family its the best place at Silver Lake. If you are loud you will want to pick a different park. The other campgrounds in the area aren't to bad either. Hope you can make it.

Henry

brewchief

I will be at the hotel but I always stay at Sandy Shores campground. If you have a family its the best place at Silver Lake. If you are loud you will want to pick a different park. The other campgrounds in the area aren't to bad either. Hope you can make it.

Henry

Not loud but I don't want to get hassled for having a few beers around the fire, last time I was up I stayed at silver creek rv resort but thats campers only and the race trailer I had use of is no longer around.

I like to be as close as I can so I can drive to the dunes with my paddles.

The place across from silver creek might be ok as well, had a bad time there once but it looks like it changed hands and names at least once since then.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hope ya'll had a great weekend. Thought I would bump this up

frenchy

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Thanks for bringing this back up. I got the bronco out today and started doing some little things to get it ready for top off weather. I can't wait for Silver Lake. Been thinking about that fish fry in Ludington too. ;D

Henry

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Cool, thanks for the info. I am sure my son would love to go back there for a couple days. I will put this on the calendar and try to make it.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just made resevations at the www.silversandsresort.net staying in the beach house facing silver lake. Yahoo can't wait. Coming in on thurs. till sunday. Now gotta get started on getting one of the Broncos ready for the sand. Happy Trails!

frenchy

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Reserved our room today. Staying at Silver Sands resort as well, heading up Thursday morning to have some fun:cool:

Family is excited about this one will be definitely be a good time.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
It sounds like a good time... A couple of us from Missouri have been talking about going up that way, this would be a great time to do it.

I'll start checking on that date!

Illinois73

Just saw this thread.Ill be just up the road in Pentwater that week. Wife's family has a place there. Was planning on taking the bronco anyways. This might work out great. Haven't been on the sand there in 7 or 8 years. Had a stripped 78 with boggers and a 406. lot of fun up there. Haven't had the 73 on the sand yet. Looking forward to this.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bringin home the Roadster today from winter storage, start getting it ready for the sand! :)
Happy Sunday everyone.

frenchy

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I am prepping the bronco for summer driving. Putting on the new Rampage soft top. Putting some speakers in the doors (hoping to hit some drive-in movies this summer and want some good tunes) and little stuff like that. Been thinking about how fun it will be to get up there this year. Come on summer!!

Henry

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
If work allows I will be there. Been years since my bronco has seen dunes. We are shooting to leave Oklahoma on wed and the bronco will be kept up north of grand rapids.

Ly-mo

Do most people fab their own warning flag holders and masts, or are they available cheaply somewhere?

brewchief

Flags and mounts are available at several places right by the dunes and in town.

I recommend making a mount ahead of time if possible but if not you should be able to make something from the selection of premade mounts work fairly easy.