• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Single shock long travel mounts???

70_Steve

Old Guy
Front, rear or both?

Body lift, and if so, how much?

How much money do you want to spend?

There are some very nice shock mounts offered by the vendors on this site. Most of the shock mounts accommodate 2 shocks, but you don't have to use both mounts.

That being said, I built my own...

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Hard to beat the F-250 mounts for the front. They're cheap and work well. I usually make the rears.

OP
OP
S

Steven Neff

Loc.
Arroyo Grande,Ca
i am going to be running a 2" BL and 3.5" SL , I'm not to concerned with the front as I can use the dual shock kits out there, but the rear is what I'm having a hard time finding.

70_Steve

Old Guy
i am going to be running a 2" BL and 3.5" SL , I'm not to concerned with the front as I can use the dual shock kits out there, but the rear is what I'm having a hard time finding.
Wild Horses Shock Jock, or Duff's Stage 2 rear shock mounts are hard to beat. If you don't mine cutting your wheel wells, Wild Horses Extreme rear shock mount will give you significant travel.

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
I have the duff stage II on mine. 3.5" suspension 2" body. Haven't ordered shocks yet but i'm getting duffs 12" travel shocks front and back. Going to be running single shock config. As for the front i have a set of BKG hoops and f250 mounts. I think im going to use the F250 mounts because i can get just a little extra height out of them.

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
I used mixed -n- match parts to get what I wanted. WH shock hoops, Duffy long radius arms, and using a single Rancho 9000 shock mounted in the most rearward postion for the most travel and flexy articulation.
I choose the "regular" style shock hoops that offer 3 different shock mounting options, so I could change it in the future easily w/o rewelding a different hoop.

FlogginHarvey

Loc.
Wichita
You might also check out BloodyKnuckleGarage (Jim was with Cage for some time and a great guy). I went that route on mine. Or Vintage Iron Fab Worx - can find his usually on eBay and he is a member here. Please note you might want to remove and reinstall the shock mount on the front of the axle tube if you go with a newer mount as these are meant to relocate to the front.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Another vote for the f-250 mount up front. Leave part of the stock mount so you can put the f--250 mount higher. I'm still deciding what to put in the rear. Right now my rear is inboard with too much body roll.

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Cool to see another person on here from AG, welcome, whats your bronco look like? I will keep an eye out for it around town.

Matt

Tonkabronco