• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Slantback top for a Bronco, HMMWV (Humvee) style, anybody interested?

Are you interest in a slantback fiberglass hardtop option?

• Yes, I would buy one.

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • No, I have no interest.

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Other, then your post about this subject.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • A soft top version would be better. I would buy one!

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
What would the concensus be if a fiberglass hardtop was available that looked like the slantback top for the Humvee? Is there an interest for this option for a hard top on a Bronco? It has an aggresive look, huge cool factor, and would certainly generate talk. A lid above the tailgate to access the back would be in place like the picture below. It would be expensive because nobody makes anything like this, so designs and molds would have to be created. I've seen the price on full hardtops at about $1500, so if a vendor made them, I believe they would be in the same price range. I'm curious about feedback and pricing on this too from everyone. Cast your vote to express the interest behind this, and if it's positive I'll pursue it further.

Attachments

• Slantback drawing.jpg
    Slantback drawing.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 41
  • Slantback-with-Flares.gif
    Slantback-with-Flares.gif
    178.6 KB · Views: 71

MartyG

Bronco Guru
Funny...I was just thinking about how cool a slant back top would look on a Bronco a few weeks back. Have the slant back open like a hatch back...
It would negate the rear seat, no one could sit there...but it would look cool.
I could never afford one. ;)

Cobra11

Contributor
Loc.
West Hollywood, CA
that would be pretty radical!! i'd buy one, but then i guess i would have to buy another bronco and put a slant back cage in it so the top would fit on it!!
awwww darnit ;D

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
I have one on a 72 I got. The PO cut the hardtop like a halfcab and make a canvass slant back. The top is shot but thought it was a cool concept.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
They're already difficult to see out the back of. Why make it impossible?

Deano

Bronco Guru
I would go for a cloth top made that way! I had a friend that had one on a veep back in the 80s but I have never seen one for a EB.

OP
OP
Prizefighter

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
I can't imagine wanting my Bronco to look more like a Hummer.

A good point was made, so I wanted to clarify that IMO the EB has a better reputation than a Hummer, so that would be a step backwards to make it into one. Not to mention more attractive looks for the Bronco!

The interest in a soft top version seems popular, so continue to leave comments and vote!!! If enough interest is voiced in a hard top or soft top, I can let a vendor know.

Last edited:

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I think a softop would be pretty sweet. make it look like a fastback instead of a wagon

Deano

Bronco Guru
Fast back look with zip out back and sides to make a bikini top here is a drawing I drew to get a idea of it
a689898b-4253-dbf3.jpg
a689898b-4272-509b.jpg
a689898b-4290-0447.jpg