• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sliding rear glass for half cab ?

JedDaniel

Loc.
Jasper Alabama
has anyone ever seen or heard of a sliding rear glass for a half cab top? I would like to have one in mine. thanks for any info.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
The only ones i have seen were for the side glass.. usually if you drive with the rear window out ( on a soft top ) the exhuast fumes really come in ..

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
No one sells them, but there was a guy that built one from a Toyota window and modified the frame to fit a half cab opening.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
If you can operate a hacksaw & either a pop-riveter or TIG, you should be able to cut down an '80-96 rear slider frame, make it fit in the halfcab gasket (probably by pop-riveting a lip onto the frame), and then order tempered glass panels (from any glass shop) to fit your construction.

Take LOTS of pics! ;)

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have no idea how this was done, but I have a modified half cab that has a sliding rear window.

l.jpg

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
%) What do the seams between the steel around the window & the original cab look like? Is it possible the back was cut out of another truck & then screwed/riveted/glued/welded into that cab?

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
I saw one where the guy took a rear window from a small pickup (ranger I think) and welded a panel in and cut out and installed the new slider. Looked really good.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'd have to go look to see. The entire stock back panel and glass was removed. You can see that it is a flat back vs. the diagonal stock panel that slants in toward the seats. The bulkhead also goes straight down into the bed instead of slanting like a stock bulkhead. It's nice having that foot or so of storage space behind the seats in the cab.