• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

slight problem with my master cylinder and hood..

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
OK. got my booster in and working..went to close the hood ant it hits the brace i welded on the hood to make it stiffer.

if i take the master cylinder cover off it will close just fine with room to spare.

so my question.

how can i bend that piece of flat stock with out destroying the paint on the hood or bending it all up?? needs to be bent like 1'' or 1.5 inch's.

was thinking taking my hood back off and cutting that brace up and welding it back in with a arch.
thoughts suggestions?

bad pic of the bracing the right side is the same as the left.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I think I'd sawzall that brace out and start over closer to the outside ..
...That sounds like something I'd do..
....Also you might look into another M/C THAT has a different mounting and lid..Some where from 30 to 50 buck change it out ...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Grinder. but carefully not to heat things up to much it might burn the paint.
Do you have 1-1.5in of material to remove?
I had to rework the power brake bracket twice that I bought as booster wouldnt fit in the holes and then the hood wouldnt close and it was stock and I believe I have the lowest MC cap they make. Even before I tried to close the hood I could tell it was off.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
if that brace i put in was not there the hood would shut fine. my booster is out of a 78 IH scout.

i don't mind moving it over...just means i half to grinding down my nice paint job under the hood.

i already hacked up my bracket twice i don't want to do it again.. %)

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
If the hood won't close you're gonna have to bite the bullet and grind it off. You could grind a little bit then cool it off with a wet rag to avoid burning the paint too bad. Good luck.