• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sneak Peak at my next build

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Have you had any issues or ‘bugs’ with the AA harness? I’m using American Autowire on my 77 and all I’ve done so far is the engine compartment. I’m dreading jumping in the rest of it. Following your build on the wiring for tips and hints.

Randy
I have just begun the install so nothing to report yet. I will update after it is installed but may be a while

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
The wiring went well. I have now tried painless, Centech and American AW. For custom builds that need a lot of new circuits I definitely like the Painless the best. The engine sits higher than I thought and may have to get a fiberglass hood or add to the body lift.

Attachments

• 20221023_175021.jpg
    20221023_175021.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20221023_174917.jpg
    20221023_174917.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20221023_175253.jpg
    20221023_175253.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 94

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Nice progress!

What color is that? Caribbean turquoise? Was that the original color?

Also, more details on those awesome front seats!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Scheel-Mann seats are awesome - they've been on my radar for a few years now. Checked them out at SEMA a few years ago and then the US distributors for them were with us at NORRA last year. If my current seats ever give up the ghost, I'll give them a hard look. The folks that we chatted with at NORRA assured us there were more color choices available than what you see on their website etc.

Todd Z.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
I'm familiar with Scheel-Mann, had a set in my old LC and they were awesome.

Are you having them recovered?

How are you mounting them? I love the OEM bronco seats for looks, but could use some more legroom!

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
Quick question on your heim steer, it looks like the toe is set by using the double adjuster with right and left hand threads on the drivers side, do I have that right? Looks like a female heim on the drivers knuckle, going to a double adjuster with male threads on both sides, and then into a female tube end welded into the drivers side of the tie rod end?

If I have that right, do you mind sharing the vendor you bought the setup or parts from? Reason I ask is I have a similar setup that needs to maintain the clocking of the tie rod (in my case for my welded on ram assist attachment) versus your welded on drag link attachment.

Here's a pic of what I'm working with in case folks are interested. Given the current setup, I'm limited to half or full turns of heims to maintain proper ram assist alignment, which limits me to discrete toe settings - versus being able to set toe across a range. (step one is to get the ram assist more parallel to tie rod)

Attachments

• IMG_9294.jpg
    IMG_9294.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Quick question on your heim steer, it looks like the toe is set by using the double adjuster with right and left hand threads on the drivers side, do I have that right? Looks like a female heim on the drivers knuckle, going to a double adjuster with male threads on both sides, and then into a female tube end welded into the drivers side of the tie rod end?

If I have that right, do you mind sharing the vendor you bought the setup or parts from? Reason I ask is I have a similar setup that needs to maintain the clocking of the tie rod (in my case for my welded on ram assist attachment) versus your welded on drag link attachment.

Here's a pic of what I'm working with in case folks are interested. Given the current setup, I'm limited to half or full turns of heims to maintain proper ram assist alignment, which limits me to discrete toe settings - versus being able to set toe across a range. (step one is to get the ram assist more parallel to tie rod)
Yes talk to Duffs and they can help you with all of your needs. Their new steering system is great. https://dufftuff.com/product/dual-s...stem-1966-77-bronco-config/#heim-steer-system

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
Yes talk to Duffs and they can help you with all of your needs. Their new steering system is great. https://dufftuff.com/product/dual-s...stem-1966-77-bronco-config/#heim-steer-system

Thanks much, looks like that's exactly what I thought it was. The Duff setup is male to male on the adjuster which I had already sourced from a few different locations so won't work for me. Haven't been able to find male to female 7/8'-14 with right hand and left hand threads. May just build it myself.

Question for you, looks like you have about 16 degrees of angle on your track bar and drag link, in the picture of the heim on front, was the engine already in? Guessing you have about 2 1/2 inches of suspension lift?

If anybody has an un-lifted Bronco with T-style linkage, would love to get a picture of the front end showing drag link and track bars from head on looking bar, still trying to determine what factory angles were.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Thanks much, looks like that's exactly what I thought it was. The Duff setup is male to male on the adjuster which I had already sourced from a few different locations so won't work for me. Haven't been able to find male to female 7/8'-14 with right hand and left hand threads. May just build it myself.

Question for you, looks like you have about 16 degrees of angle on your track bar and drag link, in the picture of the heim on front, was the engine already in? Guessing you have about 2 1/2 inches of suspension lift?

If anybody has an un-lifted Bronco with T-style linkage, would love to get a picture of the front end showing drag link and track bars from head on looking bar, still trying to determine what factory angles were.
The engine was in it when that pic was taken. Yes 2 5 lift

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Just chasing Pro flo 4 issues now. Runs great until it get to temp then dies. Need to sort this new system out.

Lando375

The wiring went well. I have now tried painless, Centech and American AW. For custom builds that need a lot of new circuits I definitely like the Painless the best. The engine sits higher than I thought and may have to get a fiberglass hood or add to the body lift.

I'm looking at the Pro Flo but I'm worried about the height. Are you running a 302 or 351?

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
No choice but to use a fiberglass hood for clearance. I took the one off my other build as it had the 305 with sniper and will use a stock hood on it. I may send it out for paint as I have found a local painter that can get to it in December and I am running out of time.

Attachments

• bronco design.jpeg
    bronco design.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 19