• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

So my Bronco's an ugly color, but it's rare....What would you do

Cohammer

Unwanted color

I know what you mean, as you can see my bronco is green . I had a 1976 ford maverick that was the same green . I do not like green but the guy I bought my bronco from was so proud he just repainted it with the original color and all I can say is why. I will paint it a color I like later I hope.

nathan_1970

I know what you mean, as you can see my bronco is green . I had a 1976 ford maverick that was the same green . I do not like green but the guy I bought my bronco from was so proud he just repainted it with the original color and all I can say is why. I will paint it a color I like later I hope.

I love that green. When I get mine built the way I want it, I will be painting it green.

OP
OP
R

R.P. Coltrane

Loc.
Iowa, the flat part
We drank a lot of beer while staring at the bronco last weekend. I don't think anyone is enthusiastic about resale red, mostly because I'm neck deep in painting my daily driver pickup resale red :) The bronco in my head is starting to be durango tan

The brown explorer seat & door panel inserts are an unusual cloth, wonder if it's still available anywhere? Only about half of the seats/panels are worth saving.

Original brochure for durango tan explorer sports

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111680&d=1223431370

wepuckett

My opinion would be since the color has already been changed if your gonna blast it go with any color you like, but if your just gonna touch it up or paint over stick with the current color.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
My opinion would be since the color has already been changed if your gonna blast it go with any color you like, but if your just gonna touch it up or paint over stick with the current color.

I didn't catch that fact until I reread his first post.

If she was originally red, and now she's old gold, I'd say go for whatever color tickles your fancy.

If you are thinking resale (even if a possibility) paint under the hood body color. Too many rattle can flat stripped jobs that really bring down a resale unless it's a crawler or project.

Also, if you're thinking you might sell it, start a build thread of all the body work and other details you put into it...really helps with seeing what was hiding, what was repaired and how much time went into it.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I like the original color and since you are going with a stock-ish look...the original color would suit it nicely. But, since it has been repainted already....you can choose any color you like without really messing up the originality. Either way it is a winner for you!!!

zonian

Loc.
St. Augustine
Your not asking the most important question.........what color does the wife like! If mama aint happy aint no-one happy........