• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOB 11 it's almost time

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
By the way all, I just got back from a test run after changing some things (including adding back radiator fluid) and all overheating is a thing of the past. After 20 minutes of driving, the temp wouldn't even go above 135F. I did remove the thermostat just to eliminate chance of problems before SOB. I put the 4wd in and did some rock crawling at the home depot by 205 on the OR side. Even got to test the rock sliders. Shit is working well. After that run, I feel that the Diesel will be there and running strong.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Not quite sure. I went back to a stock alternator, which properly aligned all the pulleys. At the same time, I replaced the water pump and removed the thermostat. I since tested the thermostat and it is good. I have this wierd thought that the thermostat was in backwards. However, I put it in identical to how it was before I got the motor from a running breadtruck. Who knows, I am just glad that the problem is solved. In the meantime, I have had to fix a leaky t case seal and replace two bad batteries. That is the down side to dual batteries, double the replacement if they are both bad. Everything is coming together just in the nick of time. I definitely get the feeling that it is going to wheel like a monster. it goes over the boulders and stumps without much need for throttle.

OP
OP
J

jrbronco

do you have any pics of the deisel.this is jeremiah remember the guy you said that is quiet on our browns camp run.

yak67

Bronco Guru
I'll be there, but just for the day on Saturday......without the Bronco again, I don't think it will be painted and put back together by then, unless by miracle from God

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
saddleup-how much is it to camp in the parking lot per night.That would be a good idea so you can watch all the bronco's drive through there.

I think it's around $10 a night. Maybe a little less. If I recall right last year it was about $8 a night. It's only a couple dollars more than camping on the sand (They will give tickets out if your on the sand and haven't paid the camping fee) and the restrooms are close. The one downfall for some is that there is a lot of traffic going through. (Which is actually why I am camping there instead of in the campground as it will be easier for people to find me)

Don't forget your flags either. They are pretty strict about making sure the flags are on the rigs and there are always a few tickets given out for them as well.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
do you have any pics of the deisel.this is jeremiah remember the guy you said that is quiet on our browns camp run.

I will send you some if you PM your e-mail address. I haven't gotten off my butt and paid the $12 to be able to post pictures. All driving since the stuff has been fixed has been nice. It is a fun little city cruiser. Replacing the clutch setup with the Dodge unit was the best thing yet.

Amac70

ME
Humm More talk of the mystical unicorn. Hope it all works out and makes it down there. Can't wait to see it.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
I think it's around $10 a night. Maybe a little less. If I recall right last year it was about $8 a night. It's only a couple dollars more than camping on the sand (They will give tickets out if your on the sand and haven't paid the camping fee) and the restrooms are close. The one downfall for some is that there is a lot of traffic going through. (Which is actually why I am camping there instead of in the campground as it will be easier for people to find me)

Don't forget your flags either. They are pretty strict about making sure the flags are on the rigs and there are always a few tickets given out for them as well.

So Rick, if you want people to find you, can I come rollin up with a bottle of whiskey in hand at 2am? ;D\

By the way, Pegasus has his wings now. I know that they say all cars are female, but I did a search and Pegasus was a male unicorn. Besides, Diesels have more balls that gassers, so they have to be male.

JUST F......ING WITH EVERYBODY! Don't want to start up a Diesel versus gas argument. In addition, this thread is about SOB11, not my bronco. SO I am going to shut the hell up and just say I am excited my sh.t is running and it's going to be 1000% more fun this year with my bronco to drive.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
So Rick, if you want people to find you, can I come rollin up with a bottle of whiskey in hand at 2am? ;D\
I should advise you that I use a 3 tier security system. If my dogs don't lick you to death then you will need to deal with my wife. If you happen to make it past her which I really doubt then I have a couple of more friends that are even less friendly.;D (No one has ever made it past level 2 though since she is usually pretty irrate if she is awakened at that time of the morning)

yeller_bronco

Loc.
Portland
I can never sleep at sand lake, all the drunk people rodding around till the morning time blasting by camp.. Thats why I have to drink, Its not a choice its doctor prescribed;D

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
if you want to sleep ,, mosta the time you gotta be all the way in the back of the camp ground ,, and then some times ,, it aint possible there either i like to go to bed early ,, then wake up at daylight , and do the same thing to the drunks that did it to me the night before ,, they usually hit the sack about day light ,, good time fer revenge ,, and pancakes !!!

vertex

Loc.
Oregon City
It looks like we will finally make it to the event this year. I found out that my dads girlfriend has a beach house about 5 miles from sand lake so needless to say we will be staying there ! Since this is my first time going can someone give me a run down on what is going to be happening and do you sign in somewhere?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA

yeller_bronco

Loc.
Portland
Who is cooking pancakes? I always just eat sand in the mornin I swear no matter how clean your tent is, the next morning you have it.. well everywhere%)

Well my luck is shitty on sellin old yeller, I think she wants to go to sandlake just one more time. Maybe we can make it another year without a DUI :eek:

Ezride

Loc.
Lynnwood
Hope to be hitting the sand Thursday. I always sand camp it's much quieter than the camp ground's.

Bucmaster

Does anyone know if the fire danger is high this year like last year? It kinda sucked to not have campfires