• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOB 11 it's almost time

OP
OP
J

jrbronco

that is a really good point.last year i got pretty $#@! up and spent about $300.00 and i won a $80.00 gage set.that kind of sucks. sandhores get pretty luck every year.

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
probably between the two of us 50.00. We did pretty good 2 years ago and really well last year (I won the locker and a bunch of other stuff). Almost afraid to try my luck this year.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
The first year I put in $20 and won the soft top, the next year I put in $40 and won the tuffy glovebox. I think I put in $20 last year and didn't win anything. Probably be a couple of more SOB's before I win anything else.

On the same topic I have decided now what I will have in the raffle.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Okay boys,
Or men whatever you prefer. The transfer case shifter got installed today (Thanks Josh) and we went doing a little wheeling. Not much, just in the construction site. I tell you this, you CANNOT stall that dam motor in 4 low. We climbed some little embankments and some 40 degree dirt mounds and it just went. Even Robert from Oregon City with the badass yellow bronco was impressed. I am more worried about snapping a u joint or an axle than stalling the motor. Not to divert the thread, just that I am enthusiastic to wheel with you all in a few days. I absolutely love that rig. We are ready to roll like crazy. I am going to scope out everyone's campsite on wednesday night and party like a fool. Just listen for the Diesel and you'll know it's me.;D ;D ;D

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
hey josh , i dont think i am gonna make it ,, to little time , and to much work to do ,, my shop is just booming right now , and i cant really see taking the time off right now ,, gotta make hay while the sun shines ,, and i know all of my bronco brethren will have lots of fun for me ... mabie next time ,,,

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Ah that sucks David, we'll miss ya out there, You cant even make it for the weekend? I got a place for you and the misses to crash if you need it. Just haul the Bronco out for the Festivities on Saturday and head home on Sun Morn.

OP
OP
J

jrbronco

i just stocked the camper with food and lots of beer.i will be leaving about 4:00 pm tomarrow can't wait.I'll see you guys down there.
josh i hope you get your engine all dialed in.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
i just stocked the camper with food and lots of beer.i will be leaving about 4:00 pm tomarrow can't wait.I'll see you guys down there.
josh i hope you get your engine all dialed in.

Me too man, me too. It is all fairly legal, need to put the windshield in, but thats pretty minor, hopefully I can get the rig by the engine builder Monday to get it taken care of. Nothing like last minute stuff huh? I am looking forward to getting out there and enjoying a few days there on the beach with good folk. It wont be the end of the world if big pink doesnt make it but I (and especially the wife) would be very disappointed, so heres to an easy fix so we can all be happy :p

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
well , on top of way to much stuff to do at the shop i have the inlaws in town , so i dont think i can stretch it that far , i was trying to just come down some time during the week ,but that is also not looking promising some times plans just dont come together ,i really just have to put the buisness first , afterall , thats where the vittles come from ,you all have a great time , and we will see you soon ,,

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I'm shooting for Saturday, we could caravan there and back. Thats if I make it back from Cali in time.

Shawn

RT

Bronco Guru
No matter what time we leave ,,,we always end up there about midnight Thurs.

The runs at 8:00am huh',,, Damm.....We'll be there ,,bloodshot eyes and all...
:)

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Where do we all generally meet for the run? I know that there are at least two separate runs this year. In the 1st parking lot? Josh, find out man.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
No matter what time we leave ,,,we always end up there about midnight Thurs.

The runs at 8:00am huh',,, Damm.....We'll be there ,,bloodshot eyes and all...
:)

We pushed it back another hour to try and get back around 3:00 in the afternoon. That gives everyone a little more time to relax and get settled in a bit for dinner and then the evening events. I may end up driving back to Portland Friday evening as well to pick up my boy since he is coming home that weekend for as much of SOB as possible. (He isn't going to be able to help with trail runs this year but he'll be able to be there for the rest of it)

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Where do we all generally meet for the run? I know that there are at least two separate runs this year. In the 1st parking lot? Josh, find out man.

Here is the link to the trail run info: http://www.broncofix.com/viewtopic.php?t=273123

We will meet in 2 places. Either at the registration area for those driving thier rigs out or for those with trailers we will meet in the vicinity of the first parking lot or you can wait out near sand lake store and jump in with us when we make the corner. Those that meet in the parking area need to be sure we take the others into consideration and stay out of the main traffic so we don't create any extra congestion there.

For a little more info.
My brother will be leading the crusher (extreme) group,
I'll be leading the moderate/difficult group down Archers Firebreak which we went on during SOB 8 and 9 but that had too much closed on last year. (This trail is actually pretty easy with small sections that are more difficult but optional for anyone that wants to take an easy run but still watch others on more difficult stuff)
Dan George (GoFastCrackPipe) will be leading an Easy to Moderate group up firebreak 5 and perhaps one or two other trails
Rich will either lead a group or help out one of the others depending upon how many rigs show up.

RT

Bronco Guru
We pushed it back another hour to try and get back around 3:00 in the afternoon. That gives everyone a little more time to relax and get settled in a bit for dinner and then the evening events. I may end up driving back to Portland Friday evening as well to pick up my boy since he is coming home that weekend for as much of SOB as possible. (He isn't going to be able to help with trail runs this year but he'll be able to be there for the rest of it)

Don't get me wrong ...I like a early start.. I just wish we could find a way to get there earlier.. Our bosses don't understand the Bronco thing ..:p Poor saps.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Don't get me wrong ...I like a early start..

I'm glad you do. At least one of us does then;D With the group I have out there even 9:00 could be considered too early. We'll just do coffee and donuts or something that morning though rather than the usual campfire breakfast we normally do. If it doesn't work out too well this year we'll move it back to 9 next year.

House

Minutia Militia
So for all of us travelling North on I5, what is the best route to take West?
22, 18, 22-18, 18-22, 6, etc.