• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

soft top with windows removed

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
For the life of me i cant find pics of a bronco with a soft top with the windows removed to give it that safari look. Please help brothers!

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Not removed, but rolled up... Does this count.

y8ezesud.jpg

4BTEB

Loc.
Rhome, Texas
Soft top no windows... Just need paint!

Attachments

• IMG_20130319_135556_972.jpg
    IMG_20130319_135556_972.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 214
OP
OP
B

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
ausome guys! Was trying to explain it to my GF. I have a 68 and remove the window frames for most of the summer and would like to get a softop and run windowless, but keep the windows handy for rain days maybe.

If you have the top like that (windowless) do you stay fairly dry still? Im guessing you would hardly no its even raining. Well unless your stopped and its blowing 40.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Here's mine with windows rolled up. I like driving it this way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 187
OP
OP
B

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
so do the rampage and beastop windows roll up or is that a old school top. Guess i never knew they rool up thought they just zip out. Do the rampoage tops come with the strap to secure them when you roll them up?

That rooled up look is really unique and ausome!

OP
OP
B

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Figures! Im adding some straps and a snap to my top when i get it! Local canvas craft shop should be able to sew in a strap to the inside and punch a snap on the outside dont you think Scoop? Is that all it is??

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Figures! Im adding some straps and a snap to my top when i get it! Local canvas craft shop should be able to sew in a strap to the inside and punch a snap on the outside dont you think Scoop? Is that all it is??

Should be fairly easy to do. Just 2 straps for each widow. They have a snap on the inside too so that you can attach the end of the strap when the window is in place. This is so the strap does not scratch the plastic window when it swings around loose.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Just a note of caution - while it's a great look, driving with a top (at least the Bestop) in that configuration in fairly high winds for any length of time will stretch out the top. Years ago I drove across the desert to LA for a Fabulous Fords show without the windows in it. We had fairly strong crosswinds along the way and when I got to CA and pulled into a gas station where we were finally moving slowly, the top drooped/sagged quite noticeably. Expensive mistake.

Todd Z.