• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

soft top with windows removed

Deano

Bronco Guru
ausome guys! Was trying to explain it to my GF. I have a 68 and remove the window frames for most of the summer and would like to get a softop and run windowless, but keep the windows handy for rain days maybe.

If you have the top like that (windowless) do you stay fairly dry still? Im guessing you would hardly no its even raining. Well unless your stopped and its blowing 40.

I have cloth windows that I put in when it rains
zy4a5yta.jpg
with windows
yraqaty8.jpg
with out windows

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Original, I love that look, who makes that top?
Was it very hard to install?

Marty, I wish that were my Bronco, it's my LUBR inspiration. It's probably the most popular (or in a tie with lubzilla) LUBR on this board. Belongs to a member, John Monroe, but it's now a dedicated trail/mud rig. That pic is probably 10-15 years old.

I do have a old school Kayline top that i'll be installing, but haven't got to it.

OP
OP
B

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
thanks brothers. So we all like driving it that way or you just took the windows out for picture day?? Do you guys usually drive windowless or just on ocasion?

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
thanks brothers. So we all like driving it that way or you just took the windows out for picture day?? Do you guys usually drive windowless or just on ocasion?

In about a month, top is coming off... will be doing the bikini through October... looking forward to it.

Deano

Bronco Guru
The top comes off in may and don't go back on till nov for mine!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For those that have older tops or just like to roll them up instead of unzipping them (on tops that even allow that), rolling a soft towel up inside them is a good way to help them stay more scratch-free (if there is such a thing) when rolled up.
I always get some inexpensive large terry-cloth bath towels in a color that closely matches my vehicle and keep them folded up in the corner for when I want to either roll them up or fold the top down.
The soft material can also be used as a gentle dust wiper if you're careful, which prolongs the clarity of the windows even further. Rolling up dusty windows isn't exactly good for their health.

Attaching some velcro to the top and the towels will even let you keep them attached when the vehicle is parked or stored. This keeps excess dust, bird poop if outside, and sunlight off the windows. Good for lengthening the life of the windows AND for privacy when camping.
Privacy isn't such a big thing to most, but if you sleep in your rig or have more shy members of the family, this can come in very handy.

And just keeping dust and sun off the windows can be a HUGE thing in itself!

Paul

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Gone but not forgotten,...Gerbow's

Attachments

• Gerbow.jpg
    Gerbow.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 139

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My contribution......... ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0901.jpg
    DSC_0901.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 134

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
One issue with the newer tops with zip out windows are the small rear side corner panels that stay attached with the windows out - they catch the wind and can stretch, similar to what ToddZ posted. The older ones, when all the windows are rolled up, have no corner panels and are totally open all the way round. I think the newer top's with the corner panels look better and the panels help hold the top tighter in place, but I would not recommend driving for long periods at high speed in this config.

Chuck, yours looks good in the safari mode!

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kayline rolled up. It is for sale if anyone is interested, PM me.

3B189152-B373-4D76-AA15-2A3C793DB96B-6080-000009C3679248CC_zps29e06e29.jpg

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Not removed, but rolled up... Does this count.

y8ezesud.jpg

Without going through your build thread, what lift and tire combo is that? Love the look - the safari look is what I'm after too with the top all rolled up.

Well done!

:cool:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Without going through your build thread, what lift and tire combo is that? Love the look - the safari look is what I'm after too with the top all rolled up.

Well done!

:cool:

That's actually an old shot of John Monroe's truck from the LEBC. It had 33/9.50s on it and probably a 2.5-3.5" lift. I'm not sure if it exists anymore or not. It definitely doesn't look like that if it does. One of my all time favorites as well.

Todd Z.

patkelley

Loc.
Marietta
Here is a pic of the newer Rampage black diamond vinyl denim top with the windows zipped out - I drive it this way as much as I can.... The rear window on this top can also be rolled up and it has the elastic straps/snaps in the back.

Attachments

• 2012-04-07_14-31-55_547.jpg
    2012-04-07_14-31-55_547.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 194