• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

soft top with windows removed

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Without going through your build thread, what lift and tire combo is that? Love the look - the safari look is what I'm after too with the top all rolled up.

Well done!

:cool:

Hey Kyle,

Not my Bronco (See post #24 in this thread).

And as Todd pointed out, it belongs to John Monroe and is possibly one of the most discussed Broncos (or Lubr's) on this forum. Every couple years or so, a thread gets started asking about this Bronco...

And it's the inspiration for my build (notice the similarities in color?).

Not to hijack, but since more than a few have asked about it, here are some links...

John Monroe's Lubr info

Another one...

And more recent... although it just has links to the above threads

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
With the new top do the window bars need to stay in with the windows out? I usually run my doors without the window frames in.

I'd say they do even w/sides out.. Bestop anyway.

I only pull mine out lay em along the seat so my Rig will fit in the garage.. the Bow height from Bestop , puts it JUST a Tad too high...

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1197CDDA-3152-4523-B8EC-00D80CD0BA51-4082-000003D4523AF195_zpsb1e3e315.jpg

BEA578BB-959D-4253-8415-6A7F902FA96D-4082-000003D44D515BC0_zps4916ba70.jpg

5F631BDF-8E5A-4389-981D-E0865A5F3A8E-4082-000003D44451CDC0_zps9af9a63c.jpg

FD2CA0EA-0828-4261-8882-E294F896DEEF-4082-000003D448AE80FF_zps44c9c610.jpg

bigjhoov

nobody
Here are a few of the last known pics of Monroe's truck. It was a really cool truck. It's been under reconstruction for the last few years.

DSC00006.jpg

monroe.jpg

Lookin_at_the_damage.jpg

Roll1.jpg

kiddingknot

Loc.
Orlando
Here's my "safari look." It's an old "Kayline/STC" top. When it finally bites the dust one day, I hope someone else decides to start making them look like this again. This, plus I want whitewall tires to come back too.

Attachments

• photo[1] (2).jpg
    photo[1] (2).jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 88
  • photo[2].jpg
    photo[2].jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 82
  • photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
B

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I actually like the cream top on the yellow bronco MAD. Wonder what color would look best when i get around to painting my bronco??? Im gona do the exterior Gecko green, and the interior Crush orange.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Do any of the tops that are currently available roll up like the Kayline did/does? They look great with the windows rolled up, much better than still having the rear corner flaps connected to the back quarter panel/tail gate.

Thanks!

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Do any of the tops that are currently available roll up like the Kayline did/does? They look great with the windows rolled up, much better than still having the rear corner flaps connected to the back quarter panel/tail gate.

Thanks!

There's a Kayline for sale in the classifieds now... I bought a good condition used one and plan on using the hardware and as a template to have a new canvas top made.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I actually like the cream top on the yellow bronco MAD. Wonder what color would look best when i get around to painting my bronco??? Im gona do the exterior Gecko green, and the interior Crush orange.

Green top... But you have to have it made;D

kiddingknot

Loc.
Orlando
There's a Kayline for sale in the classifieds now... I bought a good condition used one and plan on using the hardware and as a template to have a new canvas top made.

Best of luck making the Kayline style from a template. I'm anxious to see how it turns out, so I hope you remember to share some photos. I love my Kayline but it's getting a little frayed in some places and I'm hoping to get another one made just like it one day.

MartyG

Bronco Guru

Not seeing the one for sale...guess it's gone.
I'm looking for a white one w/ roll up's as well.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
that's mine, as pictured above, and I need to figure out the shipping.

I suspect a good upholstery shop could duplicate the template, but you would want to check the fit before turning them loose. You would be best off, installing the bad top and let the shop take measurements with it installed to see where to make bits longer or shorter.