• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Some fun at Gilmer!

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
The LEBC North chapter got together last Sunday and hit Gilmer TX. Really nice day at 65 degrees and sunny (sorry all you NE folks!). It had rained the day before so we had some good sloppy red clay but it was still not overly soupy. Attached is a pic just to get y'all salivating and motivated to get it together and hit the trails! It's a pic of Charlie (our club pres) in action!

Attachments

• img_1575.jpg
    img_1575.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 323
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
And here's one of Mike hitting some tough stuff

Attachments

• img_1525.jpg
    img_1525.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
And I'd be remiss if I didn't show one of me in action

Attachments

• going up sunday.jpg
    going up sunday.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 320
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Lastly we did have some carnage! Gummibear jumped right in and helped change a blown u-joint on Craig's awesome rig!

Attachments

• img_1501.jpg
    img_1501.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 315

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
next time you guys go..... mind if i tag along?;D ive been going to Gilmer for a long time now, and oddly enough have only seen one other EB there.

dont mind me, just whoring some Gilmer pics...
gilmer1.jpg

gilmer2.jpg

gilmer8.jpg

68Sport

Hey tx1ton,

How come no pics of the BEAUTIFUL blue '68 sport that joined you guys out there? (No, I'm not talking about the pic of me being winched either). Just kidding.

Enjoyed the trip on Sunday. Couldn't beat the weather. Looking forward to going out there again with you guys.

Stewart

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
45acp said:
next time you guys go..... mind if i tag along?;D ive been going to Gilmer for a long time now, and oddly enough have only seen one other EB there.

dont mind me, just whoring some Gilmer pics...

Yeah, come on.

It is too late to get in on the trip to Katemcy (rig limit was 75, and it is the Texas club run, so there are representatives from all walks of wheelin) I am hoping for another trip to Gilmer soon, it was a blast. The Wheelin Ranch up at Nocona is fun too. Keep an eye on the event notice at the top of the list, and I'll keep putting up events as they come along. I think another trip out to Gilmer is in order pretty soon though, it was a ton of fun.

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
68Sport said:
Hey tx1ton,

How come no pics of the BEAUTIFUL blue '68 sport that joined you guys out there? (No, I'm not talking about the pic of me being winched either). Just kidding.

Enjoyed the trip on Sunday. Couldn't beat the weather. Looking forward to going out there again with you guys.

Stewart

Hey Stewart, Will do! I like your rig a lot, I have ton's of pics and will post them as soon as I can, I left the CD at home and don't have 'em stored on my laptop...it'll have to wait till after work. Also, I'll pimp Gummibear's rig and all the others if y'all want to see it!

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Gummi Bear said:
Yeah, come on.

It is too late to get in on the trip to Katemcy (rig limit was 75, and it is the Texas club run, so there are representatives from all walks of wheelin) I am hoping for another trip to Gilmer soon, it was a blast. The Wheelin Ranch up at Nocona is fun too. Keep an eye on the event notice at the top of the list, and I'll keep putting up events as they come along. I think another trip out to Gilmer is in order pretty soon though, it was a ton of fun.

Absolutely! Come on along! Are you in the LEBC? We meet monthly over in Dallas/FW area and would love to see your rig in person if you aren't already in the club (I'm new so I don't know everyone yet)...

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
tx1ton said:
Absolutely! Come on along! Are you in the LEBC? We meet monthly over in Dallas/FW area and would love to see your rig in person if you aren't already in the club (I'm new so I don't know everyone yet)...

DOH! I just read your byline 45, didn't realize you weren't from TX...but by all means we'll keep you posted and would love to have you join us there!

JRS77

Loc.
Omaha, Texas
Don't forget me!

Sorry guys about leaving so soon. When I got home and charged the battery it never failed again. I even let it run over an hour and still full charge and would turn off and on like a champ. Here is a pic of me at Barnwell during the Superlift in November.

Attachments

• dsc00183.jpg
    dsc00183.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 171

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
tx1ton said:
DOH! I just read your byline 45, didn't realize you weren't from TX...but by all means we'll keep you posted and would love to have you join us there!
well, i kinda am and i kinda aint.;D half of my town (Texarkana) is in Texas, half of it in Arkansas. i used to live on Texas side, but moved 5 miles when we bought a home on AR side. i can literally see state line from my front yard. does that count? :p

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
45acp said:
well, i kinda am and i kinda aint.;D half of my town (Texarkana) is in Texas, half of it in Arkansas. i used to live on Texas side, but moved 5 miles when we bought a home on AR side. i can literally see state line from my front yard. does that count? :p

Well shoot, we let a guy in a modified Jimmy come along last Sunday so I can't imagine we'd keep a guy livin' half in Texas from coming along, especially one with as nice looking rig as yours!

Now I can't help but ask - if you're half in Texas is it the "Tex" half or the "As" end? :p

Sorry, caint hep meself sometimes!

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Re: Don't forget me!

JRS77 said:
Sorry guys about leaving so soon. When I got home and charged the battery it never failed again. I even let it run over an hour and still full charge and would turn off and on like a champ. Here is a pic of me at Barnwell during the Superlift in November.

Hey JRS77, I gotta say that even though you crapped out early with electricals I really like your Bronco - it just screams EB! Sure want to get a closer look next time we get out there together!

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
68Sport said:
Hey tx1ton,

Stewart

OK, finally got back from work and here it is...really nice rig Stewart!

Attachments

• img_1550.jpg
    img_1550.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
And one more of Jason (aka Gummibear) in action with Craig working on the blown U-joint. Note the press, man does this group come prepared!!

Attachments

• img_1507.jpg
    img_1507.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 83

68Sport

Thanks for the pic Joe. My rig is not nearly as nice as your's, but I always enjoy pimping it.

Stewart

JRS77

Loc.
Omaha, Texas
I let you look next time

Hey hopefully next time you will have longer to look at it. It should start to look better everytime you start to see it. I am going to trim the fenders up to the body line and remove the extra gas door for more clearance this week. that is one good thing about having a buddy own a body shop and taking care of you when someone else hits your tow rig. Now I get to have my baby fixed too. Here is a pic of the fender that I messed up at Gilmer in November. I went wheeling on my ranch to test her out.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 64