• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sound deadener?

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
What sound deadener is everyone using ?

Wanting to line interior of my doors and rear quarters.

Dynamat is very expensive so I'm hoping there is another brand / solution ?

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I have an acquaintance of mine that basically told me the Eastwood brand is made by dynamat for them. It's just a bit thicker than the dynamat and its stickier. I've used it in my hot rod now for three years and holding up great.

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
The Eastwood kit I got had a wooden roller, I as usual, went overboard and rolled the s*** outta it and used actual foil duct tape from the hardware stores for the seams.

Attachments

• mat 1.jpg
    mat 1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 193
  • mat 2.jpg
    mat 2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 143

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
I'll second the Noico product from Amazon. I've never used the "name brand" product but was very happy with this stuff. No smell and easy to install. I applied two layers then used foil tape on the seams. Made a world of difference considering I only covered the wheel wells, front floors, and seat areas.

Attachments

• IMG_7021.jpg
    IMG_7021.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_7024.jpg
    IMG_7024.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 182

70_Steve

Old Guy
Thread Hijack!

OK WorkerBee, I'll bite. What is it?

Attachments

• Bronco Front Floor Trap Door.jpg
    Bronco Front Floor Trap Door.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 161

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
I'll second the Noico product from Amazon. I've never used the "name brand" product but was very happy with this stuff. No smell and easy to install. I applied two layers then used foil tape on the seams. Made a world of difference considering I only covered the wheel wells, front floors, and seat areas.

While I don't know the name/brand I'm familiar w/ that style material and it IS effective stuff.

Yeah man, gotta tell us about the trap door :p

lmelmed

For those of you that have done the sound deadening, did it make a significant difference in reducing road noise?

Also curious if anyone has experience using the dynapad and just laying it down under carpet (on the horizontal surfaces) or using a light spray? My truck is stock and mostly original, so I am nervous about how difficult it will be to remove all of the sticky deadening adhesive down the road should I choose to do a full repaint.

http://www.dynamat.com/brands/dynapad/

SoCal68Bronco

Loc.
San Diego, CA.
Also, For everyone that has used the Eastwood sound deadening. Have any of you experienced this stuff oozing out through all the cracks and bolt holes?

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
OK WorkerBee, I'll bite. What is it?

Darn. You weren't supposed to see that. I guess that's what I get for attaching pics too fast. When I replaced the driver side floor and removed my side fuel tank I had to come up with something to fill the void and make the floor stronger at the same time.

It's just a storage box, hidden underneath the floor mat if you desire.

As it turns out I believe it may be illegal to have a hidden compartment, so I removed it of course ;).

I have access to endless stainless steel so why not?

Attachments

• IMG_4179.jpg
    IMG_4179.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 219

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How many sqft would you guess is needed, for the firewall, rear panels and inside the doors?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used peel-n-seal from home depot.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218723

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
As it turns out I believe it may be illegal to have a hidden compartment, so I removed it of course ;).

It ended up in the lake w/ I forgot who's guns on here? ;D Interestingly I was just reading into some of the laws re: hidden compartments as I had not heard that before and well I'm a nerd paralegal ;D Very interesting indeed.

SoCal - No oozing for me in the South Texas heat on my Eastwood liner. I saw those reviews too and was a little concerned but allegedly that was an old formula, only time will tell I suppose. A while back I used the thermal radiant barrier stuff in my Stang (the foil bubble wrap looking stuff), but if I had it to do over again (and I probably will eventually) I'll use Eastwood's stuff on my Stang as well.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
can't speak to the asphalt, but two layers of this stuff worked as well as 1 layer of dynamat extreme, which is a butyl rubber product.