• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Source for Concours Details

Shuskan3

Loc.
Texas
Hi all- long time lurker here. Just got my first early bronco, a 1970. The truck is restored at a fairly high level but the engine was untouched. Where is the best place to go for concours level details on detailing the engine? I typically search here but I haven't found it easy to find some of the little details. I also reference a lot of photos of restored vehicles but sometimes it's hard to know what is correct.

Here's a sample of the types of questions I'm thinking about: what is the finish on the coil bracket, what level gloss should the radiator be, where do factory decals go, what stampings should the valve cover bolts have, etc.

I'm a concours mustang guy and understand if this sounds crazy to a lot of you! I'm just a sucker for originality and if I'm going to redo something I prefer to make the effort to have it 'right'.

Thank you

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
There are several guys on here that can get you the details, Andy Gouge, Drew Peroni, Tim Hulick, Chad Larrance, Jack Nedercorn and Jimmy Golden are a few that come to mind. I don’t recall their handles but hopefully they will chime in.