• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spark Plug wire split

Vicki

So we discovered this spark plug wire split open when we returned from the "Cruising Orlando" car show today. Also, on the return drive we lost power at 60 mph on FL 429 in heavy traffic. seemed to be a Fitech EFI issue as we were able to restart and drive home. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Here is a pic of the failed wire...what is considered the best in spark plug wires?

Attachments

• OSIMewSERnO39%VOSAYmvg.jpg
    OSIMewSERnO39%VOSAYmvg.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 82

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Ford Motorsports plug wires are well regarded and good value. All I have run in the past 20 years or so. Do you have the cap with male posts? Will need that (cap, rotor, adaptor are all stock parts from any parts store)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Odd split. But it could also be the source of your FiTech glitch as well.
The computers don't like all that potential RFI emanating from the compromised jacket. And if there were sparks jumping... fugettaboutit! Would have definitely not liked that.

Paul

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
Ford Motorsports plug wires are well regarded and good value. All I have run in the past 20 years or so. Do you have the cap with male posts? Will need that (cap, rotor, adaptor are all stock parts from any parts store)

I agree, have had great reliability and performance with the Ford Racing plug wires.....