• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Specialty Top rubbing a little?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone have a problem with the Specialty Top rubbing right where the door closes. Mine is fine at the top, but rubs right above the door post where the door closes. On the second one I installed...I rdrilled the hole in the top of the door post about and 1/8" farther back towards the rear hoping that this would make it so It wouldn't rub. Still rubs though. Anyone tried to fix this? Let me know.

Thanks Much,
Blue71

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Same problem here.......I thought it was supposed to rub there. Is the door rubbing a hole in the top?

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ryans71 said:
Same problem here.......I thought it was supposed to rub there. Is the door rubbing a hole in the top?

The drivers side has a small hole in it, but the pass. side is not through yet. I tried grinding the verticle edge off of the verticle retainer rod and smoothing it out, but it still rubs a little. On the last top I put on....I measured like the instructions stated and then moved it back some to drill the hole. I couldn't have moved it back much more, because it will hit the top of the post area because of the rearward bend of that verticle rod. Hope that makes since. I tried to coat it with rubber, etc.. but it just rubs off when I shut the door. Any ideas?

Thanks Much,

Blue71

boatbldr

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Mine started rubbing after I installed my Wild Child hinges, I bent the bottom of the vertical rod a little more toward the front and it cured the problem.

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
Sorry that was me on a different computer.. forgot I had to log on. But the bars seem to be rubbing on the side windows.

Dawg_enD

I did what boatbldr did, but I used a BFH.

I did it on both sides. One good WHAM and it bent the lower pin/rod that goes into the body enough that it works great now.

G'luck

-Dawg