• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spindle Bearing Depth on Chevy disk install

kcc0521

Loc.
Falls Church
Does anyone know how deep the spindle bearing should be on a Chevy disk brake conversion? Is it the same depth as the stock spindle bearing on the for or chevy setup? I would guess it is just deep enough to get the seal in.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
It is supposed to bottom out into spindle. Yes that should leave space for the seal sit flush

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
If you use the WH Teflon spindle support bearing it doubles as the spindle support bearing and seal. I used it. So far so good. I don't usually experiment like this with my eb, but this time I did and it has worked out nice.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you use the WH Teflon spindle support bearing it doubles as the spindle support bearing and seal. I used it. So far so good. I don't usually experiment like this with my eb, but this time I did and it has worked out nice.

Glad to hear it...I've got a set of those for my HP D44, and was wondering how they were going to work out.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm not sure how you would get a spindle bearing too deep. It's got a shoulder that it bottoms out on, and that's it. Can't think of what problems might arise from it being seated all the way.

Do you know what they were experiencing that was related to the bearing depth?

Paul