• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spool in front for street/trail

TRABY

Loc.
Little Rock Arkansas
I have searched and found many threads related to this, but my question is as follows: If I put a spool in my front end, will it have any effect on street driving in 2 wheel drive (I've read various opinions on previous threads)

I don't rock crawl, just mud and most of the time, go through mud and take it out of 4wd until needed again.

I'm gonna run 38" tires, mild 351w, factory style suspension with lift on dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear.

Thanks in advance for all of your help with this..............

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Should be no problem in 2wd with hubs unlocked. I was gonna say your axles would be a weak link until I got to the D60 part.

BUCKNBRONK

Loc.
fresno
really- in 2wd- whos saying it will? no not as long as the front hubs are unlocked. if the inner axles are not moveing the spool aint either. if all u do is mud bogg go 4 it, have fun getting your hubs locked & unlocked it can be pita some times.