• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sport bronco parchment floor covering

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Has anyone tried to produce the Sport bronco parchment floor coverings? Is anyone working on it?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Not that I'm aware of. Its something I would love to see reproduced though.

tmacstickman

It would be nice. But, due to the step molded for the seat on the passenger side, the mat cannot be folded or rolled, therefore shipping would be expensive.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I know the new black mat that Dennis Carpenter is selling is being made here in E TN. Rumor is they are working on producing the full floor mat in the near future.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I've told vendors for years that it would be a popular product if it could be produced. The black mats were the first step - I'm sure the Sport mats will follow at some point.

Todd Z.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I've told vendors for years that it would be a popular product if it could be produced. The black mats were the first step - I'm sure the Sport mats will follow at some point.

Todd Z.

That's what Ive been hoping for. If only we could get all the Explorer colors too.

tmacstickman

Ford folded and rolled them, I don't see why a reproduction couldn't be shipped the same way...?

http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235529

The front section of the mat can be folded over from passenger side to driver side, and will fit in a box the size for a 46" flat screen. The front section alone was around $95 UPS from MD to MI.

The rear section rolls up easily and fits in a tube. Very cheap to ship,

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Be nice if whoever makes them would offer a flat rate on shipping.
Might keep us from stocking a lot of them, but dropshipping them to the customer directly would sure save a lot of shipping sticker shock.
We do that with a couple of items now, where it would cost us 40-70 bucks to ship it around the country, while the manufacturer offers a straight 10 bucks shipped no matter where.
Be nice to do that on any and all awkward parts like this.

Along those lines, soft tops used to be truck shipments only many years ago. The boxes were just way too big for UPS. At some point Kayline and Bestop figured out how to break down the hardware a little more so that they would fold down into smaller packages. I think the zip-out windows may have helped with that as well.

Paul