• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spray in bed stuf......

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
??? ::) :p ??? ::) :p ??? ::) :p ??? ::) :p ??? ::) :p

Ok then...

My ride came to me already done with some spray in product of which I am not sure as to which in specific :p... But! I put my top on and off as the temp demands.

Here is the qustion ::), If I use "Herculiner" that I bought from K-mart on the bed rails, will it be noticable that they are not the same? Also, can I put it on the 6x9 boxes that the carpet shrank on to H2O proof it... and tie it in w/the rest etc... OR are the 2 products WAY diffrent?

PLUS :eek: :eek:, dose it turn out ok when you roll it on?!?!?! I have a compressor but no sprayer thet'll shoot that type of stuff...

ANY help you guys can give will help HUGE! ;D

THX

-slick- 8)

67ster

Bronco Guru
I think I understand , most bedliner material is a poly urethane base so it will probably bond OK . I would do a little test first . A suction gun , undercoat gun or rocker shutz gun will spray it but you may have to thin it . As far as a match ? dunno .

ps4wdc

Loc.
Illinois
I did the inside of my tub with a roller and a brush, and it came out great........good luck.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I have Gator Guard that I am going to spray in. I used to use it all the time when I worked in a body shop. The gun to shoot bedliner only costs 15 bucks and I think it looks much better sprayed than rolled. my opinion though

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
[quote author=74bronc link=board=5;threadid=17248;start=0#msg131832 date=1052490828]
I have Gator Guard that I am going to spray in. I used to use it all the time when I worked in a body shop. The gun to shoot bedliner only costs 15 bucks and I think it looks much better sprayed than rolled. my opinion though
[/quote]

Where do you get this stuff??

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ??? ::)

I'm only do'n the bed rails.... so it would be a bunch of prep... plus i've never spray'd anything like this stuff... is it hard??

8)

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Sr.Bronco link=board=5;threadid=17248;start=0#msg131870 date=1052498038]
[quote author=74bronc link=board=5;threadid=17248;start=0#msg131832 date=1052490828]
[/quote]

Where do you get this stuff??
[/quote]

It is made by a canadian company called Dominion Sure Seal.

http://www.dominionsureseal.com/dealers.asp

Go to their website to check out the product. It has a distributor search engine that will allow you to find a distributor in your state close to you. Mostly auto paint shops carry their products

It is easy to apply. You use the Shutz type spray gun at around 50 psi. Prep the surface like you would any other surface, tape off and put plastic around the areas that you don't want hosed down and spray it in even strokes. Looks really nice and it is extremely tough. Not as tough as rhino or Linex, but does the job for a fraction of the price of the expensive spray-in liners.

G

I just sprayed in HIPPO LINER from the same company that makes Gator Guard. It was the first time I ever sprayed in a liner and it looks great (take your time and mask everything off to avoid a messy clean up). It has only been on for a week now so I don't know how it will hold up but so far it looks and feels great!! I did have to touch up one place that I missed spraying (yes, I used a spray gun which made it quick and easy) and simply used a PlastiKote spray in from a rattle can (sold @ Advance Auto Parts)----it matched extremely well so I don't think you'll have any problems getting something to match up for touch up work. Good Luck.