• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spray on bed liner

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
2x on the Raptor... did the underside and the bed with it... sticks great... tough... and from what I can tell... will continue to do so... prep is always the key

photos

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
The Raptor Liner looks great. But it looks like it is a thin coating and wouldn't do well to hide imperfections in body work. I had planned on using herculiner again in my bronco. There are some PO welds that I couldn't grind down due to location in corners and such that would be prettier if hidden by a bed liner. Those of you that have used Raptor and other liners, do you think the Raptor Liner would help mask these a bit or would the boogers show through too much?

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
i own a plumbing co. and my box truck my van and my utilty truck all have rhino liner.and we use the hell out of them sharp edges from cut pipes sliding boilers and i dont own a dump type truck but when i cut open parking lots i dump the cut asphalt and concrete into my utilty bed and slide it out at the dumps.i have not torn a hole in it yet.i do have some cuts in it but man im sold on the rhino liner.and my box truck was sprayed in 04.+ i like the feel better than others i have felt.

ccbronco

Big line-x fan here. The really hard types are a bit slippery if you ask me. Line-x looks sweet and is super tough.

Last edited:

BIGED

Guru ????
heres my raptor

Attachments

• 100_1760.jpg
    100_1760.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 135

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Check out my duraliner in gallery seems my membership is due

trippc3

Loc.
Orlando
I had Line-X sprayed in my F-150 back in '05 and it's still in great shape. If I recall I paid $400, but worth every penny. I plan on having them do my EB when I get to that point.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I did Raptor to my inside last weekend and will do under the rig tomorrow. Then the fender wells and inside of the fenders next weekend hopefuly. I sprayed a black primmer first which did make it a little harder to see where I have not hit yet with the liner. I am very pleased. It is very hot (95º) and I am a little concerned about it drying too quickly. I preped the area very well, using a paint stripper wheel on a diegrinder and solvent wiping everything down well after stripping. The Raptor does not hide imperfections as well as I thought it might. It is thin, but looks tough. I am interested in a second coat, not that I think I need it, but to smooth some seams together. Anyone tried a second coat a few weeks after the first coat? Did you prep it again and how?

BroncoBoy72

Loc.
Marana Arizona
Yea I did the U-pol Raptor liner this weekend in one of my broncos and I was amazed on how well it lays down. I was sceptical at first, mainly due to the price. But after I was done and stood back I had a big grin on my face for sure. I ordered another kit yesterday to spray in my 72 crawler. Highly recommend this product.

Jonathan

BroncoBoy72

Loc.
Marana Arizona
I did Raptor to my inside last weekend and will do under the rig tomorrow. Then the fender wells and inside of the fenders next weekend hopefuly. I sprayed a black primmer first which did make it a little harder to see where I have not hit yet with the liner. I am very pleased. It is very hot (95º) and I am a little concerned about it drying too quickly. I preped the area very well, using a paint stripper wheel on a diegrinder and solvent wiping everything down well after stripping. The Raptor does not hide imperfections as well as I thought it might. It is thin, but looks tough. I am interested in a second coat, not that I think I need it, but to smooth some seams together. Anyone tried a second coat a few weeks after the first coat? Did you prep it again and how?

Believe you just make sure its clean and dry and spray away. Of course masking off what you do not want sprayed black =)

DZap

Loc.
Houston, TX
What about this stuff sold on EbaY? Anyone use it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRAY-IN-on-BEDLINER-KIT-BED-LINER-FREE-GUN-BLACK-KIT_W0QQitemZ190317082200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c4fc83658&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A1171|240%3A1318

I'm calling bullshit on his pictures on eBay!!!!!!!!:mad:

I KNOW THE GUY WHO SHOT THE GREEN heep, IT WAS DONE IN RHINO!!!!!
100% sure of this.

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
The line-x in my '09 F150 already got damaged and its been over 2 weeks since they sprayed it. When I was loading up my job box I took a chunk out of my wheel well :-[ As for my Bronco, I used Herculiner. It turned out pretty good and it was very very cheap.

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
Is there any point putting a bedliner in if you are going to carpet your truck. Can bedliner be sprayed over epoxy primer?

TSCoating

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
That ebay stuff sucks. The only reason you would ass rubber to a liner is to either get traction or to extend the amount of liner you spray. It weakens the liner tremendously to add a bunch of rubber to it.

We add a ton of rubber to our Al's Sound Deadener because it is supposed to be under the carpet and not see much abuse. It allows extra sound refraction and helps to extend the amount of Al's.

But I would NEVER NEVER EVER spray something with rubber or talc in it on any of my stuff that would see abuse.