• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spray on bed linner results?

dieselbronco

Loc.
Tolland CT
Sorry if this has been asked before but I am planning to coat my tub inside and underside with a DIY bed linner and was wondering what kind of results people have had with the end result? Is it worth the time and money? Did it make it quieter? Dit it help insulate. Hot/cold? And what brand is good for simple black?:?

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I just sprayed raptor-x today and it was super easy and looks ausome! It comes in black or tintable.
This place has it the cheepest. Alot of guys love this stuff. It is a 2k paint meaning that it mixes with a hardner, which means its good stuff. If you get the kit it comes with 4 quarts, the hardner, and a shutz gun. I ordered 2 kits (8 qts) and have 3 qts left over after 2 coats on the underside of tub, the fenders, a skid plate, and a bumper. I cant vouch for how long it lasts without fading or how durable it is. I did it to my glass tub to make the bottom look clean and was hoping it would dampen the road noise a bit or at least deaden the sound of rocks in the wheel wells.
http://www.tptools.com/Product.aspx?display_id=2600

Attachments

• IMG_16554.jpg
    IMG_16554.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_16556.jpg
    IMG_16556.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_16553.jpg
    IMG_16553.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I also have used the Raptor. I used it for rear section on a half-cab setup, so I'm not sure about insulation with it, but I like it! Perfect texture for what I wanted. Just be careful not to leave heavy or light spots.

Attachments

• Picture 162.jpg
    Picture 162.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 163.jpg
    Picture 163.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Picture 164.jpg
    Picture 164.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
D

dieselbronco

Loc.
Tolland CT
Thanks for the link. That looks to easy to be true. I can't wait to try it out. Sounds like a good price to.

Does it spray on as thick as a rhino linner?

BIGED

Guru ????
Thanks for the link. That looks to easy to be true. I can't wait to try it out. Sounds like a good price to.

Does it spray on as thick as a rhino linner?

Ive used it it holds up great not as thick as rhino but the more you put on the thicker it gets i used 6 bottles kit and a half.

Attachments

• 100_1759.jpg
    100_1759.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_1758.jpg
    100_1758.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 112

Pcparas

I did my whole underside in Herculiner and have been very pleased with the results.

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
I used Raptor Liner on the inside of my full hard top. I used 3 bottles for that and it came out pretty good.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I used three cases, sprayed Raptor everywhere except on exterior body panels and the underside of the hood. I scuffed all the panels, most which where new, and used recommended primer. I have had a few chips where I dropped things on it. I do like the look, it was easy too. Spray with fresh air supply. It is not an insulator or as I can see a sound deadening liner. Would I do it again, yes.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Ive used it it holds up great not as thick as rhino but the more you put on the thicker it gets i used 6 bottles kit and a half.

Hey big Ed, come on down and help redo mine....I did duraback looks great but Im tired of red!

Gonna do a nice dull dead grey!

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Hey big Ed, come on down and help redo mine....I did duraback looks great but Im tired of red!

Gonna do a nice dull dead grey!

I was thinking of a grey on the inside of my tub also! I have left over black but i think thats way to plain and HOT! Im gona get a couple kits of tintable raptor-x and try for a light grey. I wonder how much white i would have to add to the black to get grey?

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I was thinking of a grey on the inside of my tub also! I have left over black but i think thats way to plain and HOT! Im gona get a couple kits of tintable raptor-x and try for a light grey. I wonder how much white i would have to add to the black to get grey?

thought youd need to add black to white

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
The raptor is like rubber. Its not like the waxy undercoating some vehicles have. In the bottle its like tar! I like it because its 2K and simple. Its like rhino. It sets up but still is flexable. With the two coats its pretty thick, maybe a 1/16" to 1/8".

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Its easy. Set pressure around 40 and hold around 18"-24" away on the second coat. The higher the pressure the smoother, and the closer the smoother, from what i could tell.

Just use regular masking tape, no need for the wire tape. Pull tape about 30 min after second coat. Cleans up easy with laquer thinner. Get the kit with the shutz gun included.