• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stak Mini install

OP
OP
redrocks

redrocks

Loc.
Riverton. UT
The cables are ordered and should be here in the next couple of days. I have been working on a support bracket for the rear of the transfer case as well as a skid plate that is easily removeable. I plan to be driving the beast by mid next week. Thanks again

OsideDave

The cables are ordered and should be here in the next couple of days. I have been working on a support bracket for the rear of the transfer case as well as a skid plate that is easily removeable. I plan to be driving the beast by mid next week. Thanks again

We need pictures. PM them to me if you are not a member.

OP
OP
redrocks

redrocks

Loc.
Riverton. UT
Sorry I haven't responded but I have been really busy at work. For the same reason I have made no headway on my project. After getting the crossmember in I had to remove the transfer case and clock it down one notch. I will lose a little over 1 inch in clearance but it will save me from fabbing a new crossmember as well as new exhaust. I also had to cut a 6x 10 in hole in the floor to gain a little more clearance. I am planning on raising the crossmember 3/4 " with a spacer between the crossmember and the bracket that hooks to the frame. I will not have any clearance issues and gain back most of what I lost in height. I will install the shifters in the morning using the original hole (enlarged) and start working on the skid plate. If I come up with anything I like I will send you pics.

OP
OP
redrocks

redrocks

Loc.
Riverton. UT
Finished. I had a few issues with the skid plate as I tried to use a stock Rubicon belly pan I got for free. It took a ton of modification but it worked OK. I then installed a Derale trans cooler and changed the exhaust to eliminate the muffler on the drivers side. We just returmed from the Holy cross trail in Colorado and had a great time. The transfer case worked great and I spent all day trying to figure out which gear worked for which situation. If I can figure out how I will PM you some pictures.