• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stamped VIN on frame what is the VIN#?

papy

Contributor
so i've had this rolling chassis for years and figured it's time i expose the VIN to see if its still in use or available to register here in AB.

cant make out what we got going on here. all the letters/numbers seem to be double stamped
obviously the first character is a U then i got what looks like 11 55 GG LL then a space then 00 something in between then 77 66

im guessing U 1 5 G L L 0 0 0 7 6

did the stamped VINS usually have a space ( like this one here between the L and 0) or we're all the characters together with no spaces?

i've got a rag soaked with rust remover sitting on the frames VIN hoping it cleans up some

i exposed the other VIN closest to the front of the vehicle but its too far gone...

JP

Attachments

• VIN.jpeg
    VIN.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
I just noticed the * U are double stamped as well
looks like they tried to re stamp the VIN and didn't align them with the first try

what i think i got is * U 1 5 G L _ 0 _ 7 6 _ *

hopefully they show up with the evapo rust i got going on

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I don't recall if all years had them, but my bronco has the VIN stamped in two locations. One in the "usual" place; passenger side near engine bay and the other also on passenger side just forward of the rear axle tube. Have you checked to see if yours have two stamps for comparison?

OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
Yes i exposed two VIN locations. The other one near the front is half stamped

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Played around with some filters and it does become a little clearer. I thought I might be seeing a T between the 2 Ls and 2 0s but this is a 67 VIN?

1651257260958.png

1651257355146.png

OP
OP
papy

papy

Contributor
Cool! No this is not my 67 frame. The PO told me he thought it was a 72-73