• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steel Cowl Hood Project

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My Uncle and I picked up a project Bronco about 5 months ago. Our intention was to get it running and do a few improvements and sell it. It has turned into HIS frame off project. This is the cowl hood he is currently working on.

I will probably start a build thread in the future. The frame is done, including the 347 stroker, and the body is in progress. He will be doing all work including paint. The only farmed out was the machine work on the motor and the upholstry:

Attachments

• DSCN2426[1].JPG
    DSCN2426[1].JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN2427[1].jpg
    DSCN2427[1].jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN2428[1].JPG
    DSCN2428[1].JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN2429[1].JPG
    DSCN2429[1].JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN2430[1].JPG
    DSCN2430[1].JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 146
OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just realized my contributor status has expired. Pictures to follow shortly.

malonejy

Bronco Guru
Just watch out how high it goes towards the windshield. You want to be able to open the hood up high enough to work in the engine bay.

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The vents were also one of my favorite parts of the hood. I am taking him his frame and motor to his shop tomorrow, so if I can I will get some pictures from underneath. It's in mock up stage right now, so I am not sure if much has been done underneath. I will post more pictures as it progresses. It shouldn't be long, I think he is wanting to lay some paint by the weekend.

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just watch out how high it goes towards the windshield. You want to be able to open the hood up high enough to work in the engine bay.

Thanks for this feedback. It's close, but it clears. The hood is a source of irony since this is supposed to be somewhat of a sleeper Bronco. It will be a uncut half cab, white on white, with the 347 and C4.

Attachments

• DSCN2433[1].JPG
    DSCN2433[1].JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 120

chriswitt

Kyle your hood looks sic! I cant wait to see it after the body work and Paint. I like the custom stuff!

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the feeback guys. I will continue to post pictures of the hood has he progresses. Like most projects they never want to stay on their intended timeline. Friday consisted of the body on and off of the frame to make radiator brackets and test fit the hydroboost.