• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steel hood with Cowl induction

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Uh the cowl is under the hood. What are you thinking ?

OP
OP
T

Tyla's toy

Loc.
Martha's vineyard
Uh the cowl is under the hood. What are you thinking ?

Lol... Didn't even read it after I posted. Meant with cowl induction. I am hoping to avoid a fiberglass hood and still get over the 351 w/ fast efi.

Fiberglass hoods suck. Had them on a dozen vehicles including my 74 bronco.

Letsgocrawling

Loc.
Tucson Az.
Lol... Didn't even read it after I posted. Meant with cowl induction. I am hoping to avoid a fiberglass hood and still get over the 351 w/ fast efi.

Fiberglass hoods suck. Had them on a dozen vehicles including my 74 bronco.

My pro flo is'nt a cowl induction hood, but might be high enough for your setup, I've got stuff sticking out because of the super victor manifold, a 1" spacer, and giving the air meter enough breathing room, I did'nt have to have 2 air filters for flow, but one was'nt going to cut it, being it was worth only 600 cfm, My air metor needs help, so I did'nt want any restrictions. The pro flo hood is a very nice piece, I'm not sure you would not like it. If you are just talking a hood for room ok, but I hav'nt seen a true cowl induction hood with the sealing assembly---plate--foam etc. for any trucks out there.
mark

OP
OP
T

Tyla's toy

Loc.
Martha's vineyard
My pro flo is'nt a cowl induction hood, but might be high enough for your setup, I've got stuff sticking out because of the super victor manifold, a 1" spacer, and giving the air meter enough breathing room, I did'nt have to have 2 air filters for flow, but one was'nt going to cut it, being it was worth only 600 cfm, My air metor needs help, so I did'nt want any restrictions. The pro flo hood is a very nice piece, I'm not sure you would not like it. If you are just talking a hood for room ok, but I hav'nt seen a true cowl induction hood with the sealing assembly---plate--foam etc. for any trucks out there.
mark

The pro flo is fiberglass?

plumbdoctor

Loc.
Golden
It would most likely be a one off... Did see one at the bronco connection a couple of years back.
Qi can't remember if they had the back cut out or not

Letsgocrawling

Loc.
Tucson Az.
I got it through wild horses, it is fiberglass, and you still have to drill all the holes for mounting and stuff---a very stout piece---well built.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Steel cowl induction "factory original" Bronco hood! (Made of two Bronco hoods).:cool::cool:;):cool:

Attachments

• 100_3078.jpg
    100_3078.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_3140.jpg
    100_3140.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_3152.jpg
    100_3152.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_3161.jpg
    100_3161.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_3205.jpg
    100_3205.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_3230.jpg
    100_3230.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_3234.jpg
    100_3234.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Easter Weekend Broncos 034.jpg
    Easter Weekend Broncos 034.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 170

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Brian, i totally understand your concern with quality especially with fiberglass hoods. I just had a custom glass hood built by jay at JGZ. you should really consider talking to him. he sells a hood that is similar to the high country glass hood wildhorses carries. right now i have jays hood on my rig and the high country hood on a customers bronco and there nose to nose in the shop. ill take some pics to show you the subtle differences. the pro flow hood sold at wild horses is a nice piece but jay goes even farther when it comes to strength and rigidity. he lines the bottom of the hood with coremat then locks it in with resin. you can literally jump on my hood it is very stout. he also reinforces the back hinge area with 1/8'' aluminum as well as the sides for your gas shock mounts. i imagine he could build up the front lip like a pro flow if you wanted to reuse your stock latch as well.

OP
OP
T

Tyla's toy

Loc.
Martha's vineyard
Brian, i totally understand your concern with quality especially with fiberglass hoods. I just had a custom glass hood built by jay at JGZ. you should really consider talking to him. he sells a hood that is similar to the high country glass hood wildhorses carries. right now i have jays hood on my rig and the high country hood on a customers bronco and there nose to nose in the shop. ill take some pics to show you the subtle differences. the pro flow hood sold at wild horses is a nice piece but jay goes even farther when it comes to strength and rigidity. he lines the bottom of the hood with coremat then locks it in with resin. you can literally jump on my hood it is very stout. he also reinforces the back hinge area with 1/8'' aluminum as well as the sides for your gas shock mounts. i imagine he could build up the front lip like a pro flow if you wanted to reuse your stock latch as well.

Cool look forward to the pics thanks!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I know you want steel but if you decide to start looking at glass you should check out Mike's hoods at Bronco Design. Anyone I have talked to have been pleased with his products and his customer service. He is a one man shop and has several beautiful tub designs he is producing for the community.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
heres the hood jason from JGZ built me

heres the hood that is sold at some bronco vendors

heres the bottom of Jason's hood

see the reinforcement plate for the hinges

the green glass hood is very light and flimsy compared to the one JGZ builds. Jason has been doing glass work for over twenty years he has several pieces he makes for the bronco body and tub.

hes also an active member here and has current threads on his new line of fiberglass accessories that he sells through bronco hut

i believe his user name is JGZ

OP
OP
T

Tyla's toy

Loc.
Martha's vineyard
heres the hood jason from JGZ built me

heres the hood that is sold at some bronco vendors

heres the bottom of Jason's hood

see the reinforcement plate for the hinges

the green glass hood is very light and flimsy compared to the one JGZ builds. Jason has been doing glass work for over twenty years he has several pieces he makes for the bronco body and tub.

hes also an active member here and has current threads on his new line of fiberglass accessories that he sells through bronco hut

i believe his user name is JGZ

Cool thanks for the pics... His work looks great.

JGZ

I don't think Mike mentioned that that hood was also pinched 13" and shortened 1.5".I also am just finishing brand new tooling for this hood.I just need to finish polishing the molds and break them in with a whole lot of waxing.Should be able to run parts next week.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here is one option%)

now that is real fancy :cool:

I don't think Mike mentioned that that hood was also pinched 13" and shortened 1.5".I also am just finishing brand new tooling for this hood.I just need to finish polishing the molds and break them in with a whole lot of waxing.Should be able to run parts next week.

yeah thats a good point jason, this hood is pretty custom. i should try to convince you to make a mold just for me so i don't feel bad when I crunch it, cuz you know i will ;)

couple more pics showing the hood is pinched and shortened