• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering colum removal

jason.k

Loc.
Gulfport Ms
Removing my dash and got everything loose. Now I need to remove the steering colum. My question is how do I remove it through the firewall. It was a 3 on the tree so do I have to remove the levers on the colum. Pics will help me if anyone has any

KBUCK1

Disconnect shift linkage under hood . Column comes out into the inside of the truck. Is the column loose? Theres 2 bolts under the dash that have to be removed. Theres holes in the bottom of the dash to access the bolts

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Removing the triangle column support from the firewall will reveal a keyway in the firewall. Rotate the column so the shift arms slide through the keyway and remove the column.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And theres a clamp around the triangle piece holding the column to the triangle part.

OP
OP
J

jason.k

Loc.
Gulfport Ms
Thanks guys. the colum is loose under the dash I just needed to know if I had to disassemble anything for it to slide through the firewall.

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
In process of rebuilding my column. Found this helpful. Several good YouTube pics and Tech article.

Attachments

• IMG_3874.jpg
    IMG_3874.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 30