• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

steering colum removal

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
yak67 said:
thanks, I think I may look into it.....did you get yours going this weekend?

I decided to pull it apart a little more and clean the goop and gasket particle from the pan, pull the oil pump and replace the oil pump drive shaft with a chromoly unit. I plan on putting it all back together friday and starting it saturday. got the cam timed just right now too. I really like how easy the bronco is on doing this all myself...yank this yank that, fix this fix that...a little duck tape and we're on the road again!!

:D

Broncos Rule!!

yak67

Bronco Guru
HotWheels said:
I'm not sure about the 67 shaft. you really should get the 2 piece (much safer). Give me some measurement and I'll tell you what I think. I'll take a look at seabiscuit's this weekend (I think it's very early too). Remind me.
OK I'll get the meas. tonight after work.....thanks alot

yak67

Bronco Guru
HotWheels said:
Give me some measurement and I'll tell you what I think. I'll take a look at seabiscuit's this weekend (I think it's very early too). Remind me.
got some measurements.....from clamp at the end of shaft up to the top of the column, just below steering wheel 58"......from the clamp at the end of shaft up to the beginning of the tube of the column 24 1/4".....let me know what you think.
do you find the F-series columns at junk yards, or can you still get them from you local Ford dealer?
thanks alot.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
yak67 said:
do you find the F-series columns at junk yards, or can you still get them from you local Ford dealer?
thanks alot.

wrecking yard is by far the cheapest...cheap cheap

give us the measurement from box clamp (end) to column clamp (end).

yak67

Bronco Guru
HotWheels said:
wrecking yard is by far the cheapest...cheap cheap

Is that the clamp that is right below the tube of the column? I can get it at lunch

yak67

Bronco Guru
HotWheels said:

The clamp at the column, bottom of tube, so that 24 1/4" is what I get from end of clamp to end of clamp. ?:?