• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

steering stabilizers

beasterly

What do you guys do for stabilizers when you install the heim joint steering linkage

Attachments

• 0304160821.jpg
    0304160821.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 66

Broncobowsher

Total hack
As long as your a mall cruiser or stick to mild forst service roads you will likly never notice it not there. Only when I got into rocky creek beds where stuff wanted to catch a tire was the damper ever appriciated. And missed when the frame bracket broke once.

boogie

Loc.
Lafayette La
I already had it so I figured $20 for the bracket I may as well put it back on there. If I did not have it I may just leave it off

OP
OP
B

beasterly

I live on a dangerous mountain highway 55-65 8 percent grade with hard turns for 4 miles no malls around here we have walmart . My off-roading well I'm not sure yet but I have built everything else so I can play in the woods .

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Took mine off and threw it in the trash can, I'm running 37's

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I welded a threaded bung to tie-rod link which I then mount the stabilizer. Noticed about zero difference with it however...

Firedog67

As I believe, the steering stabilizer is more for protecting the steering box from any sudden shock. Unless your rock crawling or doing high speed off roading it really isnt required as many have stated.