• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

steering with lockers in front

curts77

Loc.
Ketchum,Idaho
I need some help.If I was going to put a locker in the front what is the best steering set up to turn with ease when locked.I talked to a guy that had a agr rock ram and he liked it.I will be running 35" with 4.56,the power steering in it now is the quick ratio stock set up.Thank you for any help.Curt

NOTPRETTY

Loc.
Folsom CA
I like my ARB...Some like detroit...Ox locker is another option.<br><br>You can get a juiced up Saginaw pump and a cooler to help. I strongly recommed the cooler. Helped me big time. If that doesn't work, add the assist.

tonto

Bronco Guru
I run a Detroit in the front and really don’t notice it that much, I tend to stay in 2 low or hi, even when I had a Dana-20 with a t-shift handle I could find 2 low just before the handle goes into 4 low. I only use front wheel drive when needed. I had to drive on the street for about 25 miles in front wheel drive only once, which was very interesting with the locker. I say go Detroit in the front and if you live where there’s snow & ice go posi in the rear. Just my $.02. Later, Francois.

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
If steering is a concern I would go with a detroit or ARB. It will still bind under good bite in tough rocks but most of the time it is just fine. I can turn much easier than ever before when I had a ez-locker in the front. The detroit is much nicer. Then If you feel your steering is still not up to snuff then you can upgrade but it should be fine for 95% of the time.<br>

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
ARB turned off right at the top of the hill, nothing like that for ease of use. I would love to see these people will full time lockers turn like they claim to do. I have been in these trucks and it sucks in my opinion.

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
[quote author=c2computer link=board=5;threadid=12536;start=0#93994 date=1040752996]<br>ARB turned off right at the top of the hill, nothing like that for ease of use. I would love to see these people will full time lockers turn like they claim to do. I have been in these trucks and it sucks in my opinion.<br>[/quote]<br><br>When we get out to the rubicon in a couple of years you can drive my rig and see.... Your ARB is just like a spool when it's locked in so that would actually be the most difficult or atleast as difficult as any other locker when it's engaged. ;D<br>

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Yeah, we did the rubicon this past summer with no problems, worked great. I agree, it is hard to turn when it is engaged but not like you can't steer enough to get through the trail. I am just saying it is nice to be able to turn it off right away and have all your steering back at the top of the hill when you don't want to back up to turn around. ;D

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
[quote author=INPHOBIC link=board=5;threadid=12536;start=0#93925 date=1040703533]<br>If steering is a concern I would go with a detroit or ARB. It will still bind under good bite in tough rocks but most of the time it is just fine. I can turn much easier than ever before when I had a ez-locker in the front. The detroit is much nicer. Then If you feel your steering is still not up to snuff then you can upgrade but it should be fine for 95% of the time.<br><br>[/quote]<br>Dont feel bad I still have an old wore out EZ- Locker :'(