• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stereo System Help

Tiger_91

So I'm trying to look for a new stereo system to put in my 68 bare minimum pure basic stuff but I'm at a dead end I was wondering what would be a good set up? trying to keep a budget of 400 dollars. I'm a big music person and i like to have it loud :D so any suggestions? (elaborate as much as possible) thanks guys

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
a lot of guys put marine head units in others put a CD/MP3 Deck in a tuffy console. I have seen speakers put just about everywhere on a Bronco on this board. Do a few different searches with different key words and tons of information will pop up

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I think the simplest way to do it is with a decent deck which you can get for $150 anymore and then one of the centrapods for a Jeep or build your own box for the center hump. You can get the centrapods at Quadratec.com, Louie runs one, looks nice. I made one for mine and put 6.5" speakers in, sounded great...a little lacking in the bass but if you look at the speaker specs you can find some that will get you a little better lows. So with those it would be ~ $300 - $350.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?kw=centra+pod&submit=Go!

Last edited:

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I just did a quick search for you over on Crutchfield

Here is a example of what you can do

head unit $129
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?o=p&showAll=N&g=300&i=500CDE9872&tp=5684

Speakers- found these in there outlet, for $99 a pair
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QcDxPxqA9R1/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?c=3&g=51800&I=065SX55&s=0&cc=01

So thats $329 for a good head unit, and 4 speakers. You still have 70 bucks left over if you want to upgrade to a little better head unit, or use that money for matierials to mount the rear speakers.

You can mount the front speekers in the doors, and can make some panels or boxes for the rear two speakers

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Youre question is a bit open ended. If you're looking for custom installation your budget could be blown. But if you're just looking for LOUD, then get a decent head unit like Tito mentioned ($150), a couple of good 6x9s in boxes mounted in the rear ($150), and some components in the front ($80). If thats not loud enough for you then look into a nice 4 channel amp to boost power output to the speakers and then a amp/sub combo to add some low end grunt.

Personally the 6x9s in boxes would be more than enough for me. too much bass in a Bronco just leads to more rattles - then you'll be chasing down all the little sounds and trying to fix everything.

rutwad

For the speaker guys, I put two 6x9's in a box behind the rear seat. The speakers are separated and sealed in the box. Is a sealed box the best way to go? Sometimes I feel like my stereo should sound better than it does.

For info, I also placed 2 speakers in the front kick panels. I am thinking of later adding a woofer to the system. Just one speaker in a box placed in the rear of the EB.

Full of ideas, empty on cash!