• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Still not running right

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I don't know either but if you figure it out post it up ....Mine is doing something at times mine almost sound like yours ...........
I'm going to add to this post ..I've had 2 in the past that had broke valve spring.. They would run good at iadle a few RPMS up but then at about 2000 start missing or running bad ..You may want to pull your valve covers off for a very close look....these are very easy to miss so look good ......
... I may open a hole new can of worms when I say this but to me the only float setting that matters is the top setting ...It needs to shut off the fuel but the bottom setting to me if the float hits the bottom of the fuel bowl then it'll only lets fuel in until it fills up ....

Last edited:
OP
OP
recoiljunky

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
Timing chain is worn out?

I guess I need to put a timing light on it to rule that out, huh?

Also, I just thought to add: Sometimes my tach acts funny; dropping RPM, flickering, etc. Maybe this points to a bad connection in my ignition system?

Uggghhhh, this is getting old!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I guess I need to put a timing light on it to rule that out, huh?

Also, I just thought to add: Sometimes my tach acts funny; dropping RPM, flickering, etc. Maybe this points to a bad connection in my ignition system?

Uggghhhh, this is getting old!

That is a good idea really. You may have a wire that wont carry enough voltage during a full pull. Check your electrical system for a wire going bad.

Bax