• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stock bronco and 23 gallon tank picture

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
i do not offroad, so as long as it does not drag on the ground, I should be good. (I did pull off the side of the road on the dirt shoulder once)

At least you're honest about it. Many say they do 90% street and 10% trail. Unless they trailer their Bronco, that's BS. Go back to math class.;)

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
At least you're honest about it. Many say they do 90% street and 10% trail. Unless they trailer their Bronco, that's BS. Go back to math class.;)

I drove my Bronco about 450 miles on pavement to do about 18 miles on the Rubicon Trail a couple weekends ago. That's about 4% trail and 96% street. Hard to believe it was worth but it was.

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
My 69 has original tank auxiliary tank and the original owner added another tank under the drivers side seat. I will have to take a picture and post it. Also he added some type of connections on the divers side rear looks like propane connections.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Looked at Aero website and no tanks for years prior to 70. I need a 23 gal tank for 66 stock truck and wondered why Aero tank not offered ? Paul, you know of any reason the WH tank would not fit ?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looked at Aero website and no tanks for years prior to 70. I need a 23 gal tank for 66 stock truck and wondered why Aero tank not offered ? Paul, you know of any reason the WH tank would not fit ?

Nope. I'm sure it's the venting. Our tanks are expected to fit ANY EB from '66 to '77, but sometimes the different years require a slight change in plumbing, or simply blocking off extra ports.
Or better yet, "upgrade" an earlier vehicle by actually utilizing the later features such as fill-vents, evap vents (by adding a charcoal canister), internal pumps for EFI (since we often upgrade to EFI on the older rigs anyway), and anything else that's needed.

The physical dimensions are the same for all years, and even the '77 with it's completely different design is compatible with the tank.

Paul

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
35347725054_65d3d2586f_c_d.jpg

Older style 23 gallon tank (installed before I purchased).
Stock height
30x9.5 tires

Where did you get that frame mounted hitch? Looks much stronger than most I have seen.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I did some research and that seems to be the only place that has it. I wish someone closer had it. $67 for shipping coast to coast. I'll have to wait and get a bigger order together.