• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock Seat Location?

wantone

I need a little help with seat mounting. I took the aftermarket seats out that the PO had installed and am putting some stock seats back in. While trying to make sure I had all the holes where they needed to be as I'm starting to rebuild the tub, I realized that it originally had a bench seat, and the bucket seat holes aren't there. Could someone take a few pictures of stock front and rear seats bolted in their rig and maybe pull a couple of location dimensions? If someone could help me out with this, that would be awesome.

Thanks;D

rjp1965

I need a little help with seat mounting. I took the aftermarket seats out that the PO had installed and am putting some stock seats back in. While trying to make sure I had all the holes where they needed to be as I'm starting to rebuild the tub, I realized that it originally had a bench seat, and the bucket seat holes aren't there. Could someone take a few pictures of stock front and rear seats bolted in their rig and maybe pull a couple of location dimensions? If someone could help me out with this, that would be awesome.

Thanks;D

Glad you asked. I need exactly the same thing. So...a little help over here please:)

southbaybronco

This is the only picture i could come up with. I took it when i was bolting in a gun safe that i use for my glove box. By the way it works very well and it fits perfect under the seat.

Attachments

• floor1.jpg
    floor1.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 56

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
247.jpg

248.jpg

250.jpg

249.jpg

251.jpg

252-1.jpg

Let me know what measurements you need

OP
OP
wantone

wantone

Let me know what measurements you need

Cool, thanks a bunch for the pictures. I really appreciate the help. Maybe just a few dimension to help place them

Driver's seat
-from door side of floor pan to left front bolt
-from front edge of floor pan drop off to same bolt

Passenger's seat upper pivot bracket
-front bolt back from where the tunnel goes up
-front bolt over from where the tunnel drops down

Rear bench
-just one from the back of the bed to the rear bolts would be good.

I hope this isn't too confusing, but anything would be better than nothing.

OP
OP
wantone

wantone

This is the only picture i could come up with. I took it when i was bolting in a gun safe that i use for my glove box. By the way it works very well and it fits perfect under the seat.

Thanks for the picture, and that is a great glovebox. That's a combination type lock, right? How much did that set you back?

redburns

The gun safe is a really great idea. I was looking at one the other day and wondering if it would work. Would you mind sharing details about yours?

southbaybronco

The one i got was a GunVault. It is just the standard one. It has a finger keypad that you can program and it has a key incase the batteries go dead. It fits right under my seat with enough room to get your hand in there. You cant see it if you look in the truck. It's great because i no longer have a top on my bronco and i need somewhere to put my stuff when i surf or camp, etc. I bought it for $99 on sale.

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Cool, thanks a bunch for the pictures. I really appreciate the help. Maybe just a few dimension to help place them

Driver's seat
-from door side of floor pan to left front bolt
-from front edge of floor pan drop off to same bolt

Passenger's seat upper pivot bracket
-front bolt back from where the tunnel goes up
-front bolt over from where the tunnel drops down

Rear bench
-just one from the back of the bed to the rear bolts would be good.

I hope this isn't too confusing, but anything would be better than nothing.

Ok, I think I got what youre asking
Front left bolt on driver side: From the door side edge to centerline of that bolt is 6 1/4". From the front edge to the same bolt centerline is 1 5/8.
Passenger side fron left bolt centerline is 2 1/2" from the line where the flat floor angles up and becomes the tunnel. The same bolt centerline is 3" from the edge where the floor drops off under the seat.
In the rear I butted up the edge of the tape measure to the closed tailgate and measured to the centerline of the rear left bolt and that is 22 1/2
Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

OP
OP
wantone

wantone

Ok, I think I got what youre asking
Front left bolt on driver side: From the door side edge to centerline of that bolt is 6 1/4". From the front edge to the same bolt centerline is 1 5/8.
Passenger side fron left bolt centerline is 2 1/2" from the line where the flat floor angles up and becomes the tunnel. The same bolt centerline is 3" from the edge where the floor drops off under the seat.
In the rear I butted up the edge of the tape measure to the closed tailgate and measured to the centerline of the rear left bolt and that is 22 1/2
Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again. That should do it. I really appreciate the help. Now I just have to get ALL the rust out and start putting it all back together.