• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stolen truck - Pics added

OP
OP
Bronco717274

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Well the neighbors lead turned out to be nothing, right in the middle of town you'd think someone saw them. There's a bank and the post office right across the street.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I bet it was a local that will either part it out or repaint it and run it as a mud truck. Seems to be the popular thing to do around here.

Ben

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Ih8carthiefs! If the VIN is listed as stolen I would hope that certainly limits there options. Good Luck, that really stinks!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
That sucks, hopefully they catch the pond scum

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Man that is awful, we will be looking for it to show up around here.

Sometimes those banks (or even the post office) have surveillance cameras pointed at their parking lot....perhaps your place may show up in the background. Long shot, but possible, and sometimes these small town cops don't check things like that. I would go over to that bank & PO and talk to the managers and see if they have any cameras pointed your way before the footage is taped over. Also, one of their employees might have seen something. I would ask around, it can't hurt to try. Give them your card with your cell phone and tell them to call you if they hear anything or see anything in the future. Crooks come back again and again for easy pickings!

A few years ago I had some theft and had to do my own investigation to determine who did it because the Sheriff was incompetent. Some law enforcement agencies are great, and others are literally incompetent, don't take for granted they will do a comprehensive investigation. Just my $.02.

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
I agree, If the cops in your town are like the ones around here, they could care less if you Bronco got jacked. If it shows up, or if they run in to the "suspect" at the supermarket they may have a talk with the guy, but if you want justice, you'll have to do some leg work.

-Chad

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Just checked the members list here for members in MS. Looks like there is 50 as of now. Give them a "keep an I out" link to this thread.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Well the neighbors lead turned out to be nothing, right in the middle of town you'd think someone saw them. There's a bank and the post office right across the street.

How far across the street? banks often have surveillance cameras of their property. Check with them and see if any are pointed in your direction or pointed to the street. May catch it on a trailer pulling out or driving by.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Thats awful! Its such a feeling of helplessness to find out you’ve been ripped off. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Bronco717274

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Thank's for the advise, I'll check with the bank on monday. The parking lot is right across the street, like some of you said maybe they got them driving by. Let's hope so anyway.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank's for the advise, I'll check with the bank on monday. The parking lot is right across the street, like some of you said maybe they got them driving by. Let's hope so anyway.

they will laugh at you if you don't have a date it was stolen

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
pictures

Yes try an find us a picture ...and you said there were tracks there ..What size for the trailer and haul truck ..My though if it was a dually truck and trailer they came to get it ..if track from trailer are small worn tire then their local or if they drug it by chain then their locals ...Did it run or was it one you were working on ...
...You never know what you see years ago I was standing at my window in my parts house watching cars go by ...I see this truck and trailer go by loaded with round bales of hay ..I saw hey look at that hey boys it was baled with a Owanta baler like I have ....WONDER WHOSE THAT IS? Well I got home that evening .You Right ..2 loads gone (40) almost all I had left.. from where I stack mine tractor tracks where they loaded it ...tractor was stolen from another neighbor where they got over 100 bales from him then ..tractor was left on a 3rd neighbor where they got he said over 100 from him ...COPS never found anything...I couldn't believe I'd seen my own hay go by and didn't really know it...So it hard to know what you've seen sometimes..

Last edited:

75 Ranger

I'm having dark fantasies again of strangling Bronco thieves!

Strangling...nah, cut off the arms at the elbow for first time offense. Second offense, cut off between the chin and collar bone. ;D