• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Story about teen that trades 75 Bronco for a Porsche

tattooguy21

You beat me to posting this by a few hours!!! My wife sent me the link, laughing the whole time I'm sure.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
That depends an a number of things. Does the particular Bronco hold sentimental value to me? Is it a rust bucket? I may trade an extra Bronco for a cool Porche but never a Boxter.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Only if I were trading up. I would not trade a $15k Bronco for a $9k porsche, but I might go the other way. Then I would probably enjoy the car for a spell, sell it and buy another Bronco.

Schreiber

Loc.
Huntsville, AL
A Boxter is just a modern day 914...
Hard to beat a good 914!

Real Porsches are supposed to have air- (technically oil-) cooled engines.
Bob

YES!

I was the person that traded the porsche for the bronco!!!;D

Awesome. I think you got the better end of the deal!

Some of you might remember when I was deliberating whether to keep the Bronco or the 914... I kept the Bronco: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145639

willtel

Do what I do. Get one of each!

2511634273_0343dfe32f_z.jpg

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
That is a cool story, he peaked at Bronco, then got stupid.. :) Porsche makes sweet cars, but the boxster is a turd..

willtel

Sweet Porsche. Sorry but im a big Porsche fan for those of my bronco bros that take this offensively. But willtel is that a real Porsche 930 those are pretty rare. Bad ass man love it.

Thanks, it is a real 930. They aren't all that rare but most are just garage ornaments so you don't see them very often. Mine is a daily driver until my Bronco is finished.

OX1

Bronco Guru
To the masses, the story is non starter if he did not end up with an item with name recognition like Porch,....... Posh,.........errrr. Whatever it is...........:p

But really what does pooch have these days that you can't get in a much cheaper package?

Straighline speed? New 5.0 stang in the high 9's low 10's and it's been out a few months. 100 grand cheaper than a porch that runs 11's.

Road course? Vette 13-38 grand cheaper. Gives up some in technical corners, but blows out respective porch's on straights. Either way, wins on all but the most technical short courses.

Killer street car?, Evo 9 with a grand in mods. Ugly yes, but 16 grand cheaper and the base boxster is barely in the EVO's league to start with.

66Bronco

I actually sold that kid parts awhile back. Rollbar, hardtop, side mirror, etc... His Dad was pretty proud of what his son had accomplished with trading stuff on Craigslist.

-Terry