• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stroppe Middle Seat

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I'd like to see more photos of a verified Stroppe seat. Maybe one in a baja. I think mine is Hickey. My bronco had/has a lot of Hickey all over it.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Looks like this one has the pleats, ridges, whatever they're called:

http://www.bajabronco.com/Harness.shtml

So what does the true Stroppe one look like??? The ebay one didn't have the pleats, ridges or whatever, and the disassembled Baja that was one eBay a little while back included one, and it didn't have them either.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
I expect Andrew to chime in with tha wisdom at some point. He's probably seen more of these in person than we have on the internet...

Until then, here's mine. My little girl liked it a couple years ago. Wonder if she'll still fit on it by the time I get to drive my Bronco again? :-[

Attachments

• MiddleSeat1.JPG
    MiddleSeat1.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 54
  • MiddleSeat3.JPG
    MiddleSeat3.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 51
  • MadelineBronco-08.jpg
    MadelineBronco-08.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 49

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I expect Andrew to chime in with tha wisdom at some point. He's probably seen more of these in person than we have on the internet...

Until then, here's mine. My little girl liked it a couple years ago. Wonder if she'll still fit on it by the time I get to drive my Bronco again? :-[

I bought one exactly like the one in these pictures about 5 years ago for $75. I have no idea if it's a Stroppe or not, but it works great for seating 3 in the front seat as long as one of the 3 is a child!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've seen variance on the rear brackets that mount to the floor. The only difference I've seen in a Stroppe vs. Hickey (and later Luben/Stroppe) is the material matching the Bronco pleats and the little brackets that the cushions screw to. Pleats and no tabs, is really what identifys the Stroppe seat. At least thats what I've seen. I've had 3 Bajas with STroppe installed middle seats and they all had no tabs and had pleated seat face. It could be though, that whoever was making them made them and changed them as the years went by. Stroppe added his material, and the design changed to the tabs later on? In any case I think they are cool, but so is the Jeep folding seat alternative for the price!