• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stroppe Race Bronco - Update w/pix

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's the cam. a 26070. I can't find reference to that number on the net, but maybe theres an old catalog out there somewhere I can check. I'll try to find one.
mooncam.jpg

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awesome pic! That is THe StOVe, a propane powered Stroppe that Jim Loomis/Bud Wright drove most of the time. Kinda hard to read the names in the photo. Later on Willie drove and owned the Stove. IN the mid 70s with the take-over of Stroppe and Associates, Willie's Stove got some parts robbed off of it: the heads, hood, and the metal door insert fillers we had on RR. They were all installed on Todd's and my Red Racer before the 75 1000 and remained on it til we got it. Willie and crew referred to our truck as the STOVE IMPOSTER when it ran those parts for the 2 years at the end of it's career.

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Awesome pic! That is THe StOVe, a propane powered Stroppe that Jim Loomis/Bud Wright drove most of the time. Kinda hard to read the names in the photo. Later on Willie drove and owned the Stove. IN the mid 70s with the take-over of Stroppe and Associates, Willie's Stove got some parts robbed off of it: the heads, hood, and the metal door insert fillers we had on RR. They were all installed on Todd's and my Red Racer before the 75 1000 and remained on it til we got it. Willie and crew referred to our truck as the STOVE IMPOSTER when it ran those parts for the 2 years at the end of it's career.

I actually found a bunch of old pictures. That one just had a good shot of the number. Here is a much cooler shot.

stroppebroncojumping.jpg

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Might this be someone's you know? ;D

http://ford.artehouse.com/perl/options.pl?imageID=582&ckon=thumb

If it doesn't come up w/link, search bronco in top right, then you can click on baja bronco ;)

That is a race Bronco that was raced by Cal Wells (and his father, I think), back in the day. It looks like a Stroppe truck, but it isn't. Cal Wells eventually owned Precision Preparation, Inc., which built and prepped Ivan Stewart's Toyota Trophy Trucks and then ran Toyota open wheel cars for several years.

Todd Z.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
todd did you notice the shot of cals bronco in the collage in my shop?
with the open dace helmets you can make out cal and his dad in the rt seat

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I did! It was in that cool collage on your wall, right? Sure a lot of great memories there. I have that picture somewhere in my files - I need to look closer at it.

Todd Z.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That is a race Bronco that was raced by Cal Wells (and his father, I think), back in the day. It looks like a Stroppe truck, but it isn't. Cal Wells eventually owned Precision Preparation, Inc., which built and prepped Ivan Stewart's Toyota Trophy Trucks and then ran Toyota open wheel cars for several years.

Todd Z.

That's cool, Gud thought it might possibly be yours!

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I thought so too at one time. I had to really inspect the photo closely (I am learning a lot from Andrew in that dept) to see that it wasn't.

Todd Z.

777mechanic

Loc.
centennial colorado
awesome find now want do you do with a rare vehicle like this , do you restore it or clean it up and stick it in a museum . just curiuos what will happen to it ?

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
This one has been cleaned up, both cosmetically and mechanically, so for right now we're just enjoying it and taking it to a few shows like Fab Fords in April.

Todd Z.

AZ69EB

Todd,

How about the Bronco Stampede in March?

There are a lot of people who have not drooled over it yet.