• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sunroof pictures

Smarty6

Loc.
Saskatchewan, Canada
Anyone have a sunroof? Any problems putting it in? Is the hardtop strong enough? I'd love to see some pictures inside and out. thanks in advance.

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
"Don't do it "

Ditto that .... I've got two tops with the stinkin' things in them . It's not a matter of if , but when they're gonna leak . Trade ya if you wanna drive to Montana ! ;D

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
I have to agree with the others DON"T DO IT. I just picked up my body today and it had sunroof's in it. They were bad and done pretty poorly. They looked like $hit also. My $.2. Tim

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
one reason is the bronco roof is pretty flexable, so the panel is constantly moving.
i've never seen one that didn't leak sooner or later.
i have one that has always leaked and is an odd size so the only way to solve the problem is to patch the panel. someday...
if you want a roof thats cut, tehre are plenty floating around i'm sure someone will be glad to trade with you if you look around.

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
NicksTrix said:
one reason is the bronco roof is pretty flexable, so the panel is constantly moving.
i've never seen one that didn't leak sooner or later.
i have one that has always leaked and is an odd size so the only way to solve the problem is to patch the panel. someday...
if you want a roof thats cut, tehre are plenty floating around i'm sure someone will be glad to trade with you if you look around.

I hadn't even considered a sun roof. I was just curious. You are the Bronco genius NicksTrix.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:eek: :eek: :eek: NO NO NO dont do it . The roof wont take it to weak (thin) and they dont look good. :cool: :cool: :cool: Bill :cool: %) :p

JFX

Well, if it was already cut, why couldn't you consider making it like the old Mini Coopers and reinforce the area all around it? I believe Webasto was the OEM for them. It would be a fabric type slide back unit. Just a thought. ;)

JFX

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
My CanBack rolls back from the front window to the first support. Maybe Chuck's new top will too when it finally comes out......

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I tried making a "targa" top from a rusty old top that I had. I cut off the section over the driver. The thing shook apart like you wouldn't believe. I welded in struts and braces but they just shook apart. Finally just through it in a dumpster. It was ugly too.
Tom

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
I just put in one of those moon roof/ragtop types similar to the ones that were in old bugs and some of the micro busses. I had a lot of holes already in my top and a few rust spots that were easier to cut out and install this. We reinforced the top and the edge around the opening and so far no problems. I'm extremely happy with the results so far. I get the feel of being top down when I want and the security of the full top when I need it( I have had a soft top stolen off my rig twice while i was out and didn't feel like dumping another half a grand on a top that would just get stolen again).

In the future I may go with the Webasto full top sunroof like the newer minis.

Look at StreetBeat Customs for their ragtops.