• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

sus question, Fox Racin air shoxs Vs springs and shoks.

jcollazo

hi guys, i have a 74 bronco, totally stock, now I want to start with the suspension, but here is the question, a very good 4x4 builder here in Monterrey (Mexico), told me that he could put into my truck fox racing air shoxs, (no spring required) and lift it 3.5" with 35x13.5( cutting the fenders) and it would be awesome, he told me that with that set up it would be a very nice daily diver since with 35s and only 3.5 up, the center of gravity would be very low, and in off road trips it would be a champ, he said that is all i need, But, some friend of mine (not builders) with nice trucks told me that this kind of shocks are only for off road only, and that fox racing shocks gives a lot of trouble since they work with nitrogen and oil, and they are always licking, and is not the very best option for a daily driver. they recommend me to lift the truck with 3.5 superflex coils and blistein shocks with the same 35s tires.
i have been watching videos of trucks and what can they do with Fox racing suspension and they are amazing.

what do you think???

let me post some images of the cars that this builder has done.

OP
OP
J

jcollazo

GetAttachmentCALQ20IV_13-04-10.jpg

PA100279_21-10-09.JPG

bronco039_04-06-09.jpg

laprima006_22-08-08.jpg

GECO4X4122_09-03-08.jpg

GECO4X4293_24-01-08.jpg

jeepverde009_24-11-11.jpg

OP
OP
J

jcollazo

come on guys, I'm not trying to sell anything, I'm just looking for some tech tips, if you read again, I'm live in Mexico, what should I try to sell to you??? I just posted the pictures to make myself clear about all this person is telling me about the air shocks, he builds nice rides and maybe he knows whats hes talking about.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I like the rigs he has done.. I however would not go the fox shocks route. I would go with the coil springs and a good set of shocks. With the Fox shocks, you could get yourself into a tuning problem getting all the shocks set up to work correctly with one another. The coil springs are very straight forward and you could do it yourself and save alot of money in the end. You said this is going to be a daily driver. I would want the best possible ride for my daily driver. Yes the fox shocsk rigs can do some amazing things, but so can the coil spring route. Just get a plan of attack with where you want to take the rig and start small and do a little at time as money and time allows. Good luck with your project.. This is a great site to get answers from.

Oh yeah.. Lets see a picture of your rig.. We like pictures here.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like that, just saying it looks like a good place.

Cactus shoes? Where can one get those?

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would do regular coils/shocks in the front and if you want to spend some money do a 4 link with coils/shocks in the rear. With the money you would spend on a complete fox set up you could some great proven other parts and be perfectly happy with it