• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

swapping heads

74LIFE

Loc.
rolling prairie,ind
A buddy of mine a couple motors, one is a 302 with some good parts ie ceramic headers, msd distributer, elederbrock manifold and carb. Only problem is that 4 of the lower freeze plugs came out don't know if it has messed anything up checking this weekend. The other is a 351w that he has just pulled out of a 86 crown vic running. So my question is would I be able to put the heads and manifold off the 302 onto the 351w. Tim

Broncobowsher

Total hack
302 heads onto a 351W. Only after you drill out the head bolt holes. 351 has larger holes then the 302 heads. Depending on what year 302 there may be differences in pushrod and rocker arms. Might need new pushrods the right length.

Intake. No swap. Block is different, heads are further apart. Need the wider 351 intake to reack both heads.