• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tailgate lock

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
NicksTrix said:
first goes to the main primate himself. he's the one who contacted me to design it. i have another that i will be bringing to the Free4All to display.
if there is enough interest i will bring it into prooduction. i saved the machining program for if there is.

well...I think that is just.

Please put me down on you're "waiting in the wings with $$$" list whenever you are ready.

thanx Monky and Nix!!

:)

VTBRNCO

Loc.
Vermont
I'm waiting in the wings too! That looks great. Monkey I expect install Photo's of the whole process so I can fully understand how it works etc. Very cool!

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
Bronco Wild said:
Lemme know when you figure out electric/remote ;)

Reason being, after 5 Broncos and the cheap locks and keys they use, the thought of one more cylinder makes me wanna pull my hair out! That is unless someone comes up with a heavy duty, full size cylinder and locks (bullet proof)...but of course must work via remote when it's all said and done...no expense spared here ;)

broncosis

Loc.
long island,ny
broncomanbrad said:
Do you have a price for these? Are you thinking of doing mass production because I imagine that a lot of people would want them.
Yes Yes Me too!Is that lock cylinder like a door lock?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
well thanks for all the great support. seeing how there is already a number of you interested and wanting. i have am working on putting together a price for it. maybe we do a bit of a initial mass buy?
kind of like how i introduced my Script Logo Keychain last year.

here is a bit more info on it:
All new Stainless handle and backing plate.
New handle pivot.
the lock is stainless and weather rated. the front of it actually has the little sliding door to keep the tumblers clean. it's the best i could find that would fit in the application and keep it all cost effective.

all that would be required for the install is to unbolt yours, unclip the latch rods, pop them onto the new assembly, bolt it all in place.

would you all want new stainless screws to finish it off the right way?
i'm looking to find the/a little rubber bumper that goes in the back of it that the handle rests on, is the last thing i lack right now.

i've started a list of those who have expressed interest. i hope to have a solid number shortly. hang tight and thanks again for the support!
you guys rock

nick

74familyeb

Loc.
norfolk
DAMNIT
Yall just keep making more and more things I want. Every time the list gets a little shorter, things like this and the clear dana 20 cover come out.
AARGH
Thanks keep up the good work all :D

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
thanks everyone for the strong support and interest.
i'll post a price on these very soon. i'm putting together the final numbers. hang tight.

nick

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Put me inline!! I have one question are the bolts on the outside of the tailgate? Could someone just un bolt the handle and the tailgate will open? I don't have the bronco with me and I forgot how it is.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
there are 4 screws that hold the plate in from the outside, as well as 2 that are coming in from the backside. just taking the 4 off from the outside wouldn't allow the plate to move.
the installation is a easy simple bolt on.

i'll put you on the list, thanks
hth
nick

brian72

Early Bronco Student
for some reason I don't understand the picture and how it is working....maybe it is the friday the 13th thing??? %)

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
brian72 said:
for some reason I don't understand the picture and how it is working....maybe it is the friday the 13th thing??? %)

Its simple man; To lock it you put the key in the hole; turn it; them remove the key.
To unlock it just use the same process only this time you turn the key the other way. ;D Just kidding Brian, i had to do it. My wife thinks its funny so i have to make her laugh. See ya.