• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tailgate lock

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Here is a link to my "I drove it" thread.

You can see her installed. I didn't do any installation photos.....Bad Monkey. The install was really a no brainer. Pull old one off, install new one. Took me a total maybe of 5 minutes! The hardest part I had was trying to find my Lock-Tite for the threads on the handle & the mounting screws!!!!

MnkyBiz

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hmmm, I don't mean to be a party pooper here, but why would one need a lock on the tail gate handle? If the liftgate is locked, and the tailgate stud is in place, the tailgate cannot be opened (easily). And without the top, a locking gate is a mute point. What am I missing here?

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
I for one would like to create a lockable storage area behind the rear seat (where I also happen to have two subs and amps) that would only be accessible through the tailgate even with the top off. Mnky Biz has already done this to his rig and has posted pics in another thread...