• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tear drop hood on the EB...

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
Just wondering... do they make a universal add on tear drop scoop? (like the 64 thunderbolt) I might do it the the EB to match my dad's car (63 fairlane 500) i would like to do a cowl hood but.. like everone else i like something different ;D requesting pictures if anyone has done this to an EB...

OP
OP
ugly_od_eb

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
Last edited:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
say that summit tear drop looks like it would work on my 4bt swap hood I've been wondering what to do ....Want that add about 4 inches of hood lift ...

AKwheeler

I have a teardrop scoop on my 76. While it adds a bunch of room for carb/airfilter changes, I don't believe it fits the style. I'm going to replace it with a Boss '9 scoop at some point. I'll post up a couple picture links in a bit.

HPIM3305.jpg

HPIM3304.jpg

You can see the kind of room it lends for the induction of your choice...

HPIM3306.jpg

As you can see, it's a bolt-on that doesn't seal against the hood very well. I would bond it on with the new panel adhesives if I were to install it (but it's coming off)

Last edited:

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Years ago there was a sweet bronco at fab fords with a teardrop hood on it. It was molded in and painted one solid color. It looked really good.The wife wanted that on her 66 til she decided on a pro flow type fiberglass hood.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I just bought a new cobra jet hood scoop from JC Whitney, and I think I saw a teardrop style in there.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
jc whitney has the tear drop scoop, and from my research it is still the biggest of them so that it looks correct. Somewhere around $80.00. I have been planning to put one of them on the street truck for a while now.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
just 2 more cents to add...
JC Whitney a lot of times sells crap...but the scoop I got is a good quality piece. I think the brand name is "Driver Design"...

OP
OP
ugly_od_eb

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
That tear drop looks tiny as hell.... the summit one measures 36.25" long By 24" wide, im sure a larger one that is the same width as the hood "raise" will look alot better, EDIT: I measured it up on my stock hood from the front of the raise, the scoop will go all the way back to the sprayers and the width has a smaller gap in the raise than the one pictured above.

Last edited: