• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tell me about my power plant please

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
ok in pic dscn0896 you can see the dizzy there are 2 vacuum lines hooked to it. Try disconnecting the one closest to the dist cap. plug the line and take it for a drive again. You may need to adjust the timing to the stock setting 6 degrees I believe. those dual diaphram advances can be a PITA.
Might want to pull the cap off the dizzy and make sure the mechanical advance is working just twist the rotor it should move and retract back.
Might just have a bad vacuum diaphram to I would consider swapping to a single type

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Just tell them at the parts store that you need one for a Stock 302. Std. Motorcraft 2V carb. and would'nt hurt to put an inline filter on too between the punp and carb.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Just tell them at the parts store that you need one for a Stock 302. Std. Motorcraft 2V carb. and would'nt hurt to put an inline filter on too between the punp and carb.

Maybe that's what I was looking at. It was along the frame is that the inline one or the regular fuel filter?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Thats the inline one . The other one that goes into the front of the carb. It's where your fuel line goes in.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
noticed a fuel filter in the pic of the muffler,don't forget to change that one.