• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Temp Gauge and Fuel Gauge Problems

bronccar

Hi all - been a while. I finally got my rig back from the father in law and brought it to the new farm. I have postponed the build and just trying to get it "farm worthy" for riding in the creek and such.

Anyway, since the dash is out and I added a autometer fuel gauge and water temperature gauge that I got out of one of my parts trucks.

The fuel is reading 1/4 tank (with key on) and doesn't move. I have it connected to a hot wire and the wire from the fuel sending unit.

The temp gauge reads 120 or so when it's cold (with key on, and by cold I mean haven't even started it yet) and pegs out in a matter of minutes. I have attached a link below for the temperature sensor I installed in the top of the waterneck. The gauge is connected to a hot wire and to the sensor.

I was going to buy a new temp gauge to check it against but the one I looked at had a really big sensor and that threw me for a loop.

Thanks in advance for your help!

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...CDelco_18051343-P_425_R|GRPSESWAMS_2977218___